Old 24-10-2014, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default alluminium glazing bars

"Spider" wrote in message
On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

Is this any good, Charlie?

http://www.cabp.co.uk/Glazing-Bars/V...FdLKtAodr3sANQ

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

It would do the job but for a timber supported system its very expensive

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 24-10-2014, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default aluminium glazing bars

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Charlie Pridham" wrote

Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminium greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic size
cross section not the large commercial size.

I think this is the system I'm having on my new made to measure
greenhouse.
http://www.barnglass.co.uk/patent.html
No silly clips to fall off or get full of muck and looks smart, like a
conservatory roof, and powder coated so just wash it occasionally.

Saw this too...

http://supplies.trulypvc.com/product...snap-tyte.aspx

and that also takes glass.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Looks good but maybe a trifle posh for what he has in mind! (think dirt
cheap then halve it and get dad to pay)

Old 25-10-2014, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/10/2014 22:55, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Charlie Pridham" wrote

Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminium
greenhouse from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the
stuff. domestic size cross section not the large commercial size.

I think this is the system I'm having on my new made to measure
greenhouse.
http://www.barnglass.co.uk/patent.html
No silly clips to fall off or get full of muck and looks smart, like a
conservatory roof, and powder coated so just wash it occasionally.

Saw this too...

http://supplies.trulypvc.com/product...snap-tyte.aspx

and that also takes glass.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Looks good but maybe a trifle posh for what he has in mind! (think dirt
cheap then halve it and get dad to pay)

Oh, right! Selotape and plastic bag, then ;~).

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London