Old 23-10-2014, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default alluminium glazing bars

Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic size
cross section not the large commercial size.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 23-10-2014, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

You could try http://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/
They make their own greenhouses so should be able to supply what you want.
David @ a rainy side of Swansea Bay
Old 24-10-2014, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David" wrote in message
On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

You could try http://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/
They make their own greenhouses so should be able to supply what you want.
David @ a rainy side of Swansea Bay

Thanks David, I had found them, but like all the other greenhouse assemblers
they don't seem to want to sell the actual lengths, and I can't find where
they all get their stuff from, and I have a sneaky feeling when I do they
probably sell it by the ton!!

Old 24-10-2014, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie
Have you looked on ebay.?

There seems to be a good selection on:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...+bars&_sacat=0

Hope the link works - but if not type in "aluminium glazing bars" in to the
search box. (:-)

Regards
Pete

Old 24-10-2014, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/10/2014 08:44, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"David" wrote in message
On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

You could try http://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/
They make their own greenhouses so should be able to supply what you
want.
David @ a rainy side of Swansea Bay

Thanks David, I had found them, but like all the other greenhouse
assemblers they don't seem to want to sell the actual lengths, and I
can't find where they all get their stuff from, and I have a sneaky
feeling when I do they probably sell it by the ton!!

out of interest, what length are you looking for?

Old 24-10-2014, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/10/2014 09:52, Peter & Jeanne wrote:

Charlie
Have you looked on ebay.?

There seems to be a good selection on:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...+bars&_sacat=0

Hope the link works - but if not type in "aluminium glazing bars" in to
the search box. (:-)

Regards
Pete

Looks to me as if they are all for Poly carb not glass
Old 24-10-2014, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default aluminium glazing bars

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message ...

"David" wrote in message
On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

This any help?

http://gjames.com/professional/alumi...pplication/997

Mike

Old 24-10-2014, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David" wrote in message
On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

This any help?

http://gjames.com/professional/alumi...pplication/997

Mike

I think the cost of shipping from Australia would be hefty
Old 24-10-2014, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote

Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminium greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic size
cross section not the large commercial size.

I think this is the system I'm having on my new made to measure greenhouse.
http://www.barnglass.co.uk/patent.html
No silly clips to fall off or get full of muck and looks smart, like a
conservatory roof, and powder coated so just wash it occasionally.

Saw this too...

http://supplies.trulypvc.com/product...snap-tyte.aspx

and that also takes glass.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 24-10-2014, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David" wrote in message
On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

You could try http://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/
They make their own greenhouses so should be able to supply what you
want.
David @ a rainy side of Swansea Bay

Thanks David, I had found them, but like all the other greenhouse
assemblers they don't seem to want to sell the actual lengths, and I
can't find where they all get their stuff from, and I have a sneaky
feeling when I do they probably sell it by the ton!!

out of interest, what length are you looking for?

Its for son, he has an old out building and wants to create a glass roof to
use it as a sort of seed growing area I think its around 4.8M lengths, I
have hundreds of sheets of standard size hort glass and all the clips, I
foolishly though it would be a simple job!

Old 24-10-2014, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Peter & Jeanne" wrote in message

Charlie
Have you looked on ebay.?

There seems to be a good selection on:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...+bars&_sacat=0

Hope the link works - but if not type in "aluminium glazing bars" in to
the search box. (:-)

Regards
Pete

Thanks for that, The main page is all for poly carb, but there are some
alternate links at the bottom I will investigate after lunch

Old 24-10-2014, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

om...

"David" wrote in message
On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

This any help?

http://gjames.com/professional/alumi...pplication/997

Mike

There not the standard shape I was looking for but the main draw back is the
carriage as they are in OZ!

Old 24-10-2014, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

Is this any good, Charlie?

http://www.cabp.co.uk/Glazing-Bars/V...FdLKtAodr3sANQ

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Old 24-10-2014, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/10/2014 12:07, Charlie Pridham wrote:

om...

"David" wrote in message
On 23/10/2014 22:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Anyone know of a supplier of the sections they make aluminum greenhouse
from? I am looking to get hold of long lengths of the stuff. domestic
size cross section not the large commercial size.

This any help?

http://gjames.com/professional/alumi...pplication/997

Mike

There not the standard shape I was looking for but the main draw back is
the carriage as they are in OZ!

Charlie
You could try these people to see if they have 2nd hand glazing bars.
http://www.building-works.com/
David