Old 31-10-2014, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default So are Demon

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote
, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:
Just had a mail to tell me BT are no longer providing Usenet access,
turns out they had a tie up with Giganews which is finishing, and
suggesting we all migrate to Giganews directly (from US$4.99 to US$29.99
per month!). Makes News.individual.net look cheap.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

So are Demon. (As of sometime tomorrow, following an announcement
yesterday.)

http://help.demon.net/announcements/...-news-service/

Just changing the subject line.

After a lot of research I've decided to try Teranews at US $3.95 one off
payment and so far it's doing OK.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
Just had a mail to tell me BT are no longer providing Usenet access,
turns out they had a tie up with Giganews which is finishing, and
suggesting we all migrate to Giganews directly (from US$4.99 to
US$29.99
per month!). Makes News.individual.net look cheap.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

So are Demon. (As of sometime tomorrow, following an announcement
yesterday.)

http://help.demon.net/announcements/...-news-service/

Just changing the subject line.

After a lot of research I've decided to try Teranews at US $3.95 one off
payment and so far it's doing OK.
--

Good luck with Teranews. What made you decide on them? How are they at
removing the spam?

Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote
After a lot of research I've decided to try Teranews at US $3.95 one off
payment and so far it's doing OK.

Good luck with Teranews. What made you decide on them? How are they at
removing the spam?

Early days but so far I've yet to see any.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Christina Websell
writes

http://help.demon.net/announcements/...demon-usenet-n
ews-service/

Just changing the subject line.

After a lot of research I've decided to try Teranews at US $3.95 one off
payment and so far it's doing OK.
--

Good luck with Teranews. What made you decide on them? How are they at
removing the spam?

I used to be with NIN, but then my sub lapsed at a time I wasn't reading
newsgroups. I'm currently using Eternal September I think, and I can't
say I'm seeing any spam really on the groups I read anyway (barring the
odd one, now and again)
--
Chris French