Old 07-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Smeckler

Default Easy one...

This should be an easy one (?)

What's 'the other' yellow shrub that comes out in early spring, i.e. the
one that's not Forsythia?
The flowers are roughly spherical and a bit more orangey than
Forsythia's. The stems are numerous, thin and upright.

cheers,
Smeckler.

Old 07-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Serena Blanchflower

On Wed, 7 May 2003 10:35:09 +0100, "Smeckler"
wrote:

What's 'the other' yellow shrub that comes out in early spring, i.e. the
one that's not Forsythia?
The flowers are roughly spherical and a bit more orangey than
Forsythia's. The stems are numerous, thin and upright.

Kerria Japonica? There's a picture of one at
http://jammukashmir.nic.in/profile/flwr.htm

--
Serena

Sometimes I sits and thinks ... and sometimes I just sits. (Punch cartoon)
Old 07-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Smeckler

Yep, Kerria Japonica it is...

thank you!

Old 07-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Anthony E Anson

The message
from "Smeckler" contains these words:

This should be an easy one (?)

What's 'the other' yellow shrub that comes out in early spring, i.e. the
one that's not Forsythia?
The flowers are roughly spherical and a bit more orangey than
Forsythia's. The stems are numerous, thin and upright.

Sounds like one of the burberis clan. I have one in the new abode's garden.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi

Old 07-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Helen

Smeckler,
When I read your question I immediately thought of winter flowering
jasmine which has lemon yellow flowers and I have often heard people
refer to it(wrongly) as Forsythia.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:32 AM
hayley

Yep, Kerria Japonica it is...

we've got this in our garden and it is rapidly taking over the whole
border - it is a very pretty plant (and mine flowers again a little in
autumn) but can be invasive
Hayley