Old 18-05-2015, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hose spray guns

On a similar line to the auto-watering.

What would people recommend for reliable, effective - and reasonably
long lasting hose spray guns?

Every year, the gun I bought the previous year disintegrates. sometimes
more than one in a season. I don't treat them particularly well - they
live in the (above 0 degrees) greenhouse during the winter.

Worst seem to have been the Hozelocks. The trigger mechanism always
falls to bits with broken parts. This year, when it happened, I
reverted to an old metal gun - but although the seals I can access are
fine, it is leaking from the trigger/pressure controls. And whilst it
has lots of spray formations that I have no need for, it has very little
control of pressure of water. At least with the hozelock there was a
bit of control depending on how gently you pressed the trigger.

I'm not spending £20 on another Hozelock - so suggestions would be
apreciated.

--
regards andy

Old 18-05-2015, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

I got fed up with the long watering wands breaking and made my own using the
handle from the latest leaky one and a few odds and sods from the shed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgui12d0wc...0wand.jpg?dl=0

Mike

Old 18-05-2015, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/05/15 14:53, Wilkes, Andy wrote:
[...]

I know what you mean. I had a cheapo spray gun (an Aqualean, similar to
but of better design than this
http://www.in-excess.com/new-stock/a...ndspray-t.jpg).
It was fine for a couple of years, but seemed to take exception to
having a dumper driven over it. I've not found a good replacement, and
two sprayguns I tried were split when frosted last winter.

I'm now using one of these:
http://www.tesco.com/direct/dobbies-...skuId=213-9477

Seems OK so far, but I am not too keen on the automatic lock on when the
trigger is pressed.

--

Jeff