Old 18-09-2015, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Any use for overgrown courgettes?

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

I hope you enjoy this story. More to come if you want.

Yes please!!!

It was a shame that his own children were afraid of him, my grandmother
allowed it.
His compost heap was awesome and one day he said to me "would you like to
see 10 rats?" I was about 5 or 6 so I said yes. So I saw a litter of
very small rats, pinkies, that he had drowned that were in the compost
heap. I was a bit startled. I said "are they dead ?" He said yes, and
that's sometimes what we have to do"

I cried a bit then. I was a tender-hearted child.

At age 5/6 .....A bit young to be shown such things.

My grandmother didn't notice. Fortunately. If she had I suspect his dinner
would have been on the fire when he came back to the house.

Old 20-09-2015, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

I hope you enjoy this story. More to come if you want.

Yes please!!!

It was a shame that his own children were afraid of him, my grandmother
allowed it.
His compost heap was awesome and one day he said to me "would you like
to see 10 rats?" I was about 5 or 6 so I said yes. So I saw a litter
of very small rats, pinkies, that he had drowned that were in the
compost heap. I was a bit startled. I said "are they dead ?" He said
yes, and that's sometimes what we have to do"

I cried a bit then. I was a tender-hearted child.

At age 5/6 .....A bit young to be shown such things.

My grandmother didn't notice. Fortunately. If she had I suspect his
dinner would have been on the fire when he came back to the house.

Aye, As it should have been.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 21-09-2015, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default [OT] Four walls of courgettes [ Was:Any use for overgrowncourgettes?]

Just a variation of the „overgrown courgettes“ theme.

Being on the road a little too much these days, I had more opportunity
to listen to some of my favorite CDs again... I do not know if this is
even english, but as the Krauts come to Normandy to die anyway, I will
take the risk. This is the main theme of my garden experience this year:

Four walls of courgettes are closing in on me
I'm attacked by « Blanche de Virginie » and “White Volontee”
If I eat'em all they'll kill me
Oh Jesus save my soul (... skip that one)
I can't go back to my garden,
Not before them snowflakes fall...

Go here for a better version:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lls+of+Raiford

Bye,

Michael (maybe)

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]

courgettes potting on? Duncan United Kingdom 18 09-05-2009 07:41 AM
Courgettes, should they do this? Colin Davidson United Kingdom 3 10-06-2003 11:32 AM
courgettes Hugh United Kingdom 3 21-05-2003 06:08 PM
Anyone use manure? What is the best mix and ratio to use? Allen Smith Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:21 AM
Cement to use/not to use around pond? IanQ Ponds 2 06-03-2003 09:52 AM