Old 22-08-2015, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default orchid oddity

I think someone asked a similar question a year or so ago but cannot
trace it.
One of my phals has an old flower stem which, instead of making new
flower buds, has 2 small plants forming.
What should I do with these? Will they eventually be able to be
potted?
Old 22-08-2015, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote

I think someone asked a similar question a year or so ago but cannot
trace it.
One of my phals has an old flower stem which, instead of making new
flower buds, has 2 small plants forming.
What should I do with these? Will they eventually be able to be
potted?

Yes. I have one from that situation that is now coming into flower for the
first time in it's own pot. Do not be hasty in cutting them off, the last
one I had flowered whilst still attached to the old plant, but once the
roots are more than big enough to support the little plant then cut off and
pot. Plain fine bark works for me.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 24-08-2015, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 17:09:22 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote

I think someone asked a similar question a year or so ago but cannot
trace it.
One of my phals has an old flower stem which, instead of making new
flower buds, has 2 small plants forming.
What should I do with these? Will they eventually be able to be
potted?

Yes. I have one from that situation that is now coming into flower for the
first time in it's own pot. Do not be hasty in cutting them off, the last
one I had flowered whilst still attached to the old plant, but once the
roots are more than big enough to support the little plant then cut off and
pot. Plain fine bark works for me.

Thanks Bob. I'll watch them carefully. It's a very small plant with
only 2 leaves but has already produced an offshoot from the base.

B&S 5 hp pull clutch replacement oddity MrMoto Lawns 1 21-02-2009 12:29 AM
Another S. African oddity -- Larryleachia? Malcolm Manners Plant Science 1 17-10-2005 12:17 PM
Shubunkin Oddity George Ponds 5 18-04-2005 11:34 PM
magpie oddity? dunno never seen this before len gardener Australia 11 27-10-2004 12:40 AM
An Oddity Iris Cohen Plant Science 8 26-04-2003 01:28 PM