Old 09-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Anthony E Anson

Default hose advice

The message
from "hayley" contains these words:

Is it possible to buy a hose and "holder" where I can attach the holder to
the wall, near the tap, and just wind the hose in and out, not necessarily
unwinding it completely each time. Also is there a kind of hose which does
not kink often? At the moment I seem to have to unwind the whole hose every
thing I use it and I always end up with something so kinked that by the time
I've unkinked it all it has started to rain Thanks in advance,

Yes they are available on a wall-mounted reel.

When rewinding your hose, reel it in (even if it means making a loop and
securing the end to the the looped bit), and then use the increasing
numbers of loops to wind in the hose, over and over and over.

It gets kinked if you just pull it in and lay it in loops.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi
Old 09-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Jim W

hayley wrote:

Is it possible to buy a hose and "holder" where I can attach the holder to
the wall, near the tap, and just wind the hose in and out, not necessarily
unwinding it completely each time. Also is there a kind of hose which does
not kink often? At the moment I seem to have to unwind the whole hose every
thing I use it and I always end up with something so kinked that by the time
I've unkinked it all it has started to rain Thanks in advance,
Hayley

Yep for domestic models see your local supplier for industrial models
try LBS
http://www.lbs-group.co.uk
Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Chris J Dixon

hayley wrote:

Is it possible to buy a hose and "holder" where I can attach the holder to
the wall, near the tap, and just wind the hose in and out, not necessarily
unwinding it completely each time. Also is there a kind of hose which does
not kink often? At the moment I seem to have to unwind the whole hose every
thing I use it and I always end up with something so kinked that by the time
I've unkinked it all it has started to rain Thanks in advance,
Hayley

I was in B&Q last week, looking for more hose to add to an
existing reel. They were selling the wall-mounted Hose reel
complete with fittings, spray and 25m of top spec pipe for GBP
19.95

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:08 AM
david

I bought a super Hozelock here last week (finistere, france) on offer for 99
euros (£70), 20 metres, all the bits, and it looks tremendous.
david

Old 12-05-2003, 05:20 PM
GVS

"hayley" wrote in
:

Is it possible to buy a hose and "holder" where I can attach the
holder to the wall, near the tap, and just wind the hose in and out,
not necessarily unwinding it completely each time. Also is there a
kind of hose which does not kink often? At the moment I seem to have
to unwind the whole hose every thing I use it and I always end up with
something so kinked that by the time I've unkinked it all it has
started to rain Thanks in advance, Hayley

If a length of 15m is sufficient then you could try an 'easy coil' hose
from Screwfix:

http://tinyurl.com/bkb6

--

GVS