Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

what is difference between rotary tiller and rotoavator

  #5   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jun 2016
Posts: 38
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

Vir Campestris wrote:

I think a rotary tiller is in the USA, and a rotovator in the UK.

I don't know about present models, but going back a few years, various
relatives who had small-holdings tended to own Merry Tillers but always
referred to them as rotavators ...


  #6   Report Post  
Old 09-02-2018, 01:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 215
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

On 08/02/2018 21:44, Andy Burns wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:

I think a rotary tiller is in the USA, and a rotovator in the UK.

I don't know about present models, but going back a few years, various
relatives who had small-holdings tended to own Merry Tillers but always
referred to them as rotavators ...



Wolf call all their blade driven machines Tillers
  #7   Report Post  
Old 09-02-2018, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Mar 2014
Posts: 174
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

On 09/02/2018 00:27, David wrote:
On 08/02/2018 21:44, Andy Burns wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:

I think a rotary tiller is in the USA, and a rotovator in the UK.

I don't know about present models, but going back a few years, various
relatives who had small-holdings tended to own Merry Tillers but
always referred to them as rotavators ...



Wolf call all their blade driven machines Tillers


"MTD Products own the WOLF-Garten brand internationally and are
responsible for the production and distribution of the garden hand tool
and powered products. E.P. Barrus are the sole distributors of the
WOLF-Garten range throughout the UK and Eire."

....

"Headquartered in Valley City near Cleveland, Ohio, our passion has led
MTD to be a worldwide leader of outdoor power equipment with facilities
in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia producing equipment for
both residential and commercial markets."

so Wolf are a US company.

Andy
  #8   Report Post  
Old 09-02-2018, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 20:46:12 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

"MTD Products own the WOLF-Garten brand internationally and are
responsible for the production and distribution of the garden hand tool
and powered products.


FWIW, MTD bought out the nearly bankrupt Troy-Bilt brand several years
ago. I'm hearing that their version of the highly regarded rototiller
isn't nearly as durable as the ones made in Troy, New York, USA. My
vintage one is NOT for sale!
Semi-related: My parents had a neighbor who tilled their garden each
spring with a Howard. What a monster!


---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com

  #9   Report Post  
Old 09-02-2018, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 215
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

On 09/02/2018 21:07, R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:
On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 20:46:12 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

"MTD Products own the WOLF-Garten brand internationally and are
responsible for the production and distribution of the garden hand tool
and powered products.


FWIW, MTD bought out the nearly bankrupt Troy-Bilt brand several years
ago. I'm hearing that their version of the highly regarded rototiller
isn't nearly as durable as the ones made in Troy, New York, USA. My
vintage one is NOT for sale!
Semi-related: My parents had a neighbor who tilled their garden each
spring with a Howard. What a monster!


---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com

I have to assume that when you say they tilled their garden with a
Howard you meant a Howard gem.
They made several models such as the Bantam
https://picclick.co.uk/old-Howard-ba...823160159.html
  #10   Report Post  
Old 09-02-2018, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jun 2016
Posts: 18
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

David wrote:
On 09/02/2018 21:07, R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:
On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 20:46:12 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

"MTD Products own the WOLF-Garten brand internationally and are
responsible for the production and distribution of the garden hand tool
and powered products.


FWIW, MTD bought out the nearly bankrupt Troy-Bilt brand several years
ago. I'm hearing that their version of the highly regarded rototiller
isn't nearly as durable as the ones made in Troy, New York, USA. My
vintage one is NOT for sale!
Semi-related: My parents had a neighbor who tilled their garden each
spring with a Howard. What a monster!


---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com

I have to assume that when you say they tilled their garden with a
Howard you meant a Howard gem.
They made several models such as the Bantam
https://picclick.co.uk/old-Howard-ba...823160159.html


.... and they were (are?) all beasts! When I was a young man we had a
Howard Bantam and I just about managed to control it. I now have a
Howard Gem (I think that's what it is) and the experience is *very*
similar to what I remember with the Bantam! :-)

--
Chris Green
·


  #11   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2018, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 215
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

On 09/02/2018 21:58, Chris Green wrote:
David wrote:
On 09/02/2018 21:07, R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:
On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 20:46:12 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

"MTD Products own the WOLF-Garten brand internationally and are
responsible for the production and distribution of the garden hand tool
and powered products.

FWIW, MTD bought out the nearly bankrupt Troy-Bilt brand several years
ago. I'm hearing that their version of the highly regarded rototiller
isn't nearly as durable as the ones made in Troy, New York, USA. My
vintage one is NOT for sale!
Semi-related: My parents had a neighbor who tilled their garden each
spring with a Howard. What a monster!


---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com

I have to assume that when you say they tilled their garden with a
Howard you meant a Howard gem.
They made several models such as the Bantam
https://picclick.co.uk/old-Howard-ba...823160159.html


... and they were (are?) all beasts! When I was a young man we had a
Howard Bantam and I just about managed to control it. I now have a
Howard Gem (I think that's what it is) and the experience is *very*
similar to what I remember with the Bantam! :-)

I started to use a Bantam when I was about 12 years of age, never had
real problems and that was on clay.
Started using a Gem when I was around 17, commercially.
  #12   Report Post  
Old 10-02-2018, 01:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Dec 2009
Posts: 113
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 21:24:21 +0000, David
wrote:

I have to assume that when you say they tilled their garden with a
Howard you meant a Howard gem.


Don't know the model, and all the parties are beyond asking, but must
have been a gem. I'm guessing that was the model the couple in
"Living the Good Life" rigged to a cart to haul their veg to the
market?
(Young folk here; please ignore, that last won't make sense at all).

And with the right .sig.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com

  #13   Report Post  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Mar 2014
Posts: 174
Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

On 09/02/2018 21:24, David wrote:
I have to assume that when you say they tilled their garden with a
Howard you meant a Howard gem.
They made several models such as the Bantam
https://picclick.co.uk/old-Howard-ba...823160159.html


Howard 350 is the one I had in mind.

http://howardgem.webs.com/300350.htm

I never had any trouble with it as a kid, and I was tiny. One of the
shortest in my year, and thin to boot. (I'm 6ft now... everyone else
stopped growing at 16... no longer so thin either )

Andy


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just scolding between a gardner between the cellar is too elder for Gregory to look it [email protected] United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 04:03 PM
vincent's barber plays between our egg after we walk between it [email protected] United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 12:26 PM
rotary tiller for john deere L130? amyc Lawns 0 10-05-2005 05:15 PM
Howard rotavator spares - where? [email protected] United Kingdom 13 31-07-2003 10:42 AM
Rotary lawnmower for small, narrow lawn? Jane Lumley United Kingdom 3 04-03-2003 03:32 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017