Old 10-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Adrian_H

Default Bees and (I think, perenial) seedling help

Hi all, from sunny Suffolk (bit of a bummer really as I have just dug and
lined a wildlife pond - no rain and we are on a water meter)

Been a few months since I first posted here, (question about oak saplings
that are now doing fine), but my problem now is in a totally different
field. I accidentally dug up the nest of a bumble bee during alterations to
an "ornamental heap" (OK, spoil, covered by soil). She flew off in disgust.
My question is, will she return (I have re-covered her original nest), or
will she find another place to build a nest. We have a number of ground
nesting bumble bees in the garden each year and I would not like to deter
any one of the various species that we get.

The other thing is that I have some seeds from what I believe is a "Shoo
fly" plant (it actually comes from a plant outside my grandmother's house
just before she died (therefore, want to keep it)). I have a number of
'very young' seedlings in a seed tray (about 1/8" to 1/4" in height (i.e. V
young)), but would like to know how to bring them on once they get to a
'decent' size.

Neither I, or SWMBO are great gardeners ( just enthusiastic), so any advice
would be much appreciated.

Thanks for anything

Adrian

Old 11-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Dwayne

I would think the bees would return. If not hopefully they will find a new
nest close to your garden. I dong know anything about your plant.

Dwayne