Old 25-05-2006, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default dash bother blow

Yesterday I took some photographs in the garden and I was extra pleased
with two of them, I thought that I might enter one in the Chelsea
competition so today off I went out into the sunshine to repeat the
picture complete with requested newspaper proof of date etc. only to
find that last nights wind and rain had blatted the plants and they were
no more :-(

kate
Old 25-05-2006, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Yesterday I took some photographs in the garden and I was extra pleased
with two of them, I thought that I might enter one in the Chelsea
competition so today off I went out into the sunshine to repeat the
picture complete with requested newspaper proof of date etc. only to
find that last nights wind and rain had blatted the plants and they were
no more :-(
kate

Bit of crafty photoshopping required ?
Jenny :~))

Old 25-05-2006, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

JennyC wrote:
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Yesterday I took some photographs in the garden and I was extra pleased
with two of them, I thought that I might enter one in the Chelsea
competition so today off I went out into the sunshine to repeat the
picture complete with requested newspaper proof of date etc. only to
find that last nights wind and rain had blatted the plants and they were
no more :-(
kate

Bit of crafty photoshopping required ?

Yes ... well. My friend this morning was all excited. She showed me a
fabulous photo of her pulmonaria that she took on sunday. Very very
nice it is. Sadly she realised she needed the newspaper and she's not
going home tonight. The competition closes a 9pm tonight (

I was going to enter my allium ... but can't do the newspaper because
it's last years and then I thought of the astrantias but they're last
year's too (they're in flowers now but you can tell by the seed heads
that it's perhaps end of June and not mid may!). I'll see what I can do
this evening after work. So exciting! Are you entering?!?!

http://cjoint.com/?fzoAGGB2A8
http://cjoint.com/?fzoEgV4u7e

Old 25-05-2006, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"La Puce" wrote
JennyC wrote:
"Kate Morgan" wrote
[...]

No - it's for UK residents only........

But I'd love to enter these two:
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/Plant...Month/Blue.jpg
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/Plant...0Raindrops.JPG

They both look exactly the same this year as last :~)
But then i don't have a paper either !
Jenny

Old 25-05-2006, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

JennyC wrote:
No - it's for UK residents only........

Ho bum ...

But I'd love to enter these two:
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/Plant...Month/Blue.jpg
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/Plant...0Raindrops.JPG
They both look exactly the same this year as last :~)
But then i don't have a paper either !

They are beautiful. The hosta's amazing but they've asked for
photographs of flowers which is a bit of a shame since I don't really
grow pretty spring flowers beside perhaps a few bulbs and these are
growing in weird places and strange containers. This year we're late
and all my favourite are still asleep or just about to wake up! I've
written 'Newspapers' on the back of my hand to remind me this evening.
The sun came out late yesterday afternoon and today is sunny but with a
few clouds still. Getting a bit warmer too. At long last.

Old 25-05-2006, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

But then i don't have a paper either !

This newspaper thing is a bit of a pain innit, we dont have one every
day either
I did have one yesterday and took a few pics but I dont think that they
are good enough, next year maybe we can all be ready :-)
Old 25-05-2006, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Kate Morgan wrote:
But then i don't have a paper either !

This newspaper thing is a bit of a pain innit, we dont have one every
day either
I did have one yesterday and took a few pics but I dont think that they
are good enough, next year maybe we can all be ready :-)

Well, got a free newspaper from the bus - took more pictures of my
astrantia and went on the website to send them - send them - send them
- send them - and then I just gave up. It just didn't want to load
them!! I wouldn't have won, but it's fun to do things like this. My
youngest son just laughed at me and said "just immagine how many people
like you are sending their pictures at the last moment, all
panicking!!".

Well, there's always next year and I'll send them in the post )