Old 18-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Terryfilby

Default Tomatoes

Once again, I've forgot to leave my tomatoe plants until they have flowers, and
have planted them before, too many to take them all out, repot and wait, but
how long does not planting the proper way delay the tomatoes please?

Terry Filby
Old 18-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Kate Morgan

Once again, I've forgot to leave my tomatoe plants until they have flowers, and
have planted them before, too many to take them all out, repot and wait, but
how long does not planting the proper way delay the tomatoes please?

Terry Filby

I didnt know that one was supposed to wait till they had flowers, shows
how much I know :-) I just plant mine when I think they look big and
strong enough, been O.K. so far, I would not worry if I were you:-)
kate
Old 19-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Michael Berridge

Kate Morgan wrote in message ...

Once again, I've forgot to leave my tomatoe plants until they have

flowers, and
have planted them before, too many to take them all out, repot and

wait, but
how long does not planting the proper way delay the tomatoes please?

Terry Filby

I didnt know that one was supposed to wait till they had flowers,

shows
how much I know :-) I just plant mine when I think they look big and
strong enough, been O.K. so far, I would not worry if I were you:-)
kate

You are correct Kate. they should be in their final containers BEFORE
they flower otherwise they will suffer a big set back. Terry will not
have delayed them, but almost certainly helped them. Mine in pots are
just beginning to develop the first flower truss.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 19-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Terryfilby
writes
Once again, I've forgot to leave my tomatoe plants until they have flowers, and
have planted them before, too many to take them all out, repot and wait, but
how long does not planting the proper way delay the tomatoes please?

Are you growing the tomatoes indoors or outside?
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.