Old 18-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Erythrina crus-galli

Well, I overwintered mine inside, and it got awfully spindly and
yellowish, but that is to be expected. I cut back and it sprouted
nicely, but it has gone even yellower. Any ideas why?

I have tried Epsom salts and feeding, and no joy. While it is is
well-drained compost, my only thought is that it might dislike all
the rain (and cold weather) we have been having. Does this sound
plausible?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

Well, I overwintered mine inside, and it got awfully spindly and
yellowish, but that is to be expected. I cut back and it sprouted
nicely, but it has gone even yellower. Any ideas why?

I have tried Epsom salts and feeding, and no joy. While it is is
well-drained compost, my only thought is that it might dislike all
the rain (and cold weather) we have been having. Does this sound
plausible?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Nick,

I've still got mine inside as the weather is pretty dire, i.e. chilly,
wet and windy. I cut it back and it has sent up new strong green
shoots. Perhaps it just is the bad weather that is causing your
problems. Why not try it back inside for a while? I'm going to
leave mine until the warm weather really arrives - when? :-)

Regards
Iris McCanna

Old 19-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

Well, I overwintered mine inside, and it got awfully spindly and
yellowish, but that is to be expected. I cut back and it sprouted
nicely, but it has gone even yellower. Any ideas why?

I have tried Epsom salts and feeding, and no joy. While it is is
well-drained compost, my only thought is that it might dislike all
the rain (and cold weather) we have been having. Does this sound
plausible?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

My newly germinated ones came up yellowish, I to have tried magnesium,
starting to wonder if they should be in ericaceous compost? having said that
they are looking greener now than two weeks ago so it may just be cold. Not
exactly a wealth of info on them is there!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk