Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Steven Pilbeam

Default OT-Autumn

When does Autumn officially start in the UK ??

Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Zizz

"Steven Pilbeam" wrote in message
When does Autumn officially start in the UK ??

When the summer ends!
Though it does raise a query from me about indian summers ... are they
seperate from summer and autumn or do they fall in both!

Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Alan Gould

In article ,
Steven Pilbeam writes
When does Autumn officially start in the UK ??

September 21st - the Autumnal Equinox when the sun crosses the Equator.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Aileen Howard

Oh no, can we save this thread for at least 3 months please?

Regards, Aileen (birthday on longest day - June 21st)

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article ,
Steven Pilbeam writes

Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Jo Ling

Zizz wrote in message

"Steven Pilbeam" wrote in message
When does Autumn officially start in the UK ??

When the summer ends!
Though it does raise a query from me about indian summers ... are they
seperate from summer and autumn or do they fall in both!

A quote from Charlie Brown: "An indian summer is a period of warm weather
that follows the first frosts of late autumn". (Or probably he used "fall"
in the actual cartoon). And I'm sure Charles Schulz did his research.

Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Jo Ling

Steven Pilbeam wrote in message
When does Autumn officially start in the UK ??

Oh no, not after the Midsummer thread! Can we stand it?

Anywat, see one of my previous posts: Autumn starts and ends on the same day
in Scotland. Usually when you least expect it. One minute you're standing
in the kitchen chopping cucumbers and tomatoes for the evening barbecue, the
next minute: WUMP. The leaves have fallen off the trees. By 7.30 pm the
car is encased in an inch of ice, and a howling gale has blown your washing
into the next postcode.

Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Ophelia

"Jo Ling" wrote in message

Steven Pilbeam wrote in message
When does Autumn officially start in the UK ??

Oh no, not after the Midsummer thread! Can we stand it?

Nuffing to do wiv me Guv!!

Anywat, see one of my previous posts: Autumn starts and ends on the same

day
in Scotland. Usually when you least expect it. One minute you're

standing
in the kitchen chopping cucumbers and tomatoes for the evening barbecue,

the
next minute: WUMP. The leaves have fallen off the trees. By 7.30 pm the
car is encased in an inch of ice, and a howling gale has blown your

washing
into the next postcode.

LOLOL