Old 06-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Andy

Default Draceana - slow death?

Help!

I have a lovely Draceana in a pot on the kitchen windowsill (it's
quite a big windowsill) and the plant has three branches of the main
stem. It's quite big now - around two feet or so high, but recently
the end third or so of each leaf has gone brown, curled up and died.
There are a lot of leaves and it now looks very sad indeed.

Can I revive it at all? Is it worth cutting the dead ends off or will
that make it worse?

Hate to lose it so thanks in advance for any help.

Andy.

Old 06-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Adam Davis

Hi,

It would seem abnormal for all of the tips to turn brown.

Have you been overwatering it or exposing it to a draught? I always thought
that they did not like too much in the way of direct sunshine so a window
position may not be ideal for it.

Move it away from the window and give it some TLC and see how it gets on.

As for cutting the brown bits off, well the brown bits are dead so it will
not hurt the plant, but only you can decide from an aesthetic point of view.

Adam

Old 06-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Drakanthus

I have a lovely Draceana in a pot on the kitchen windowsill (it's
quite a big windowsill) and the plant has three branches of the main
stem. It's quite big now - around two feet or so high, but recently
the end third or so of each leaf has gone brown, curled up and died.
There are a lot of leaves and it now looks very sad indeed.

Can I revive it at all? Is it worth cutting the dead ends off or will
that make it worse?

Hate to lose it so thanks in advance for any help.

Andy.

It may do it good to go outside now the good weather is here. We have four
smaller (8") Draceana grown from seed outside now and they are thriving in
the fresh air and sunshine.

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

Lotus Pond is Looking Mighty Slow Nedra Ponds 14 23-04-2003 06:20 PM
[IBC] Full Moon = Slow List John NJ Bonsai 3 20-03-2003 05:56 PM
OT - Read em slow RichToyBox Ponds 0 04-03-2003 02:28 AM
Slow Germinating Tomatoes? Fleemo Gardening 5 03-03-2003 07:15 AM
Schultz "Multi Cote" Slow Release Rose & Flower Chow Shiva Roses 6 18-02-2003 07:03 PM