Old 25-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Janice

Default Crowded Perennials

I've planted too many perennials too close to each other. They looked so
puny when I first planted them, and I can't believe they've become so big so
quickly.

Anyway, can I move them now or must I wait until they're dormant to move
them? I'd like to move them now to give them some breathing room, but
obviously I don't want to kill them.

Thanks.

Old 25-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Emrys Davies

'Janice',

It would be helpful if you say when you planted them and also the type
of perennials you wish to move.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 25-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Janice

Hi Emrys, thanks for your reply. I planted the perennials early this
spring. They were just tiny things in 3" pots, so I though the spacing
would be okay until next year. But everything has shot upwards and outwards
like crazy, probably because our weather has been so gorgeous.

The perennials I'd like to move are astilbe, monarda, chrysanthemum, sedum
and aster.

Thanks for your help.