Old 01-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Sacha

Default Pandorea jasminoides

Presumably because of the long dry spell, the above in its variegated form
has some ripened seed. Ray has used all he needs but if anyone with a
conservatory would like some so that they can give it a go, they're very
welcome. It has very pretty trumpet-like pink flowers but can't tell you
its ID more precisely than that, as it was given to Ray.
If anyone would like a few, please email me with your address.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 01-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Sacha" wrote in message
Presumably because of the long dry spell, the above in its variegated form
has some ripened seed. Ray has used all he needs but if anyone with a
conservatory would like some so that they can give it a go, they're very
welcome. It has very pretty trumpet-like pink flowers but can't tell you
its ID more precisely than that, as it was given to Ray.
If anyone would like a few, please email me with your address.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Tell Ray to remove all the pods from the plants, I did not last year as I
thought they looked interesting and I have spent the summer this year
pulling them up! they got into everything :~) (inside and out)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 01-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Sacha

"Sacha" wrote in message
Presumably because of the long dry spell, the above in its variegated form
has some ripened seed. Ray has used all he needs but if anyone with a
conservatory would like some so that they can give it a go, they're very
welcome. It has very pretty trumpet-like pink flowers but can't tell you
its ID more precisely than that, as it was given to Ray.
If anyone would like a few, please email me with your address.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Tell Ray to remove all the pods from the plants, I did not last year as I
thought they looked interesting and I have spent the summer this year
pulling them up! they got into everything :~) (inside and out)

He's got all the ripe ones from that Pandorea but the unvariegated one
hasn't ripened yet - they're still green. However, I must say that as he
pulled one pod off this afternoon, a few seeds fluttered to the ground in
the big double house. Should be an interesting summer next year. ;-)
Can you keep Pandorea going outside, Charlie? I've seen it in Jersey but
even there, frost got it eventually, as it did with Mandevilla.

--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Old 01-11-2003, 06:22 PM

"Sacha" wrote in message
:
:
:
: "Sacha" wrote in message
: ...
: Presumably because of the long dry spell, the above in its variegated
form
: has some ripened seed. Ray has used all he needs but if anyone with a
: conservatory would like some so that they can give it a go, they're
very
: welcome. It has very pretty trumpet-like pink flowers but can't tell
you
: its ID more precisely than that, as it was given to Ray.
: If anyone would like a few, please email me with your address.
: --
: Sacha
: www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
: South Devon
: (remove the 'x' to email me)
:
[...]

I just googled for it as I didn't know it and came up with David Poole's
site, and he has it outside and mentions it can cope with the harsh winds in
Torquay.

Old 01-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Sacha

snip
I just googled for it as I didn't know it and came up with David Poole's
site, and he has it outside and mentions it can cope with the harsh winds in
Torquay.

LOL. You weren't to know but David is a good friend of ours - actually,
he's responsible for our marriage! - and visits the nursery often. His
garden is exquisite - a stunning example of what can be done in a very small
space with a huge plant knowledge. But his garden is walled and the 'harsh'
winds of Torquay are as nothing that sweeps towards us from Dartmoor, about
4 or 5 miles away. So - not much frost or not severe for us, no, but
entirely and completely different to Torquay, which is a matter of just
miles away or indeed, Salcombe where we have friends/customers who keep
Agaves outside all year round. It's the sea that does it!
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Old 01-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Therefore

Nice to see someone else from gods own country Cornwall

....................Leslie

Old 01-11-2003, 08:03 PM

"Sacha" wrote in message
:
:
: snip
[...]
Which just proves how interesting our climate is with such variables within
such short distances. It also proves that UK climate can always be a good
talking point :O)

It makes it hard to believe that a system of zoning in the US can really
work, but I nothing about it anyway.

Old 02-11-2003, 09:22 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Sacha" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message

He's got all the ripe ones from that Pandorea but the unvariegated one
hasn't ripened yet - they're still green. However, I must say that as he
pulled one pod off this afternoon, a few seeds fluttered to the ground in
the big double house. Should be an interesting summer next year. ;-)
Can you keep Pandorea going outside, Charlie? I've seen it in Jersey but
even there, frost got it eventually, as it did with Mandevilla.

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Both sorts of Pandorea are ok outside in parts of cornwall but here in the
cold middle I expect to lose P. jasminoides every third year or so,
about -2c is the last straw so to speak!

Old 02-11-2003, 09:22 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Therefore" wrote in message
.. .

Nice to see someone else from gods own country Cornwall

....................Leslie

Hello :~) where abouts in Cornwall are you? (love the email address above, I
have never been allowed to follow that excellent Cornish tradition!!

Old 02-11-2003, 09:22 AM
Charlie Pridham

"K" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
:
:
:
: "Sacha" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Comes from coastal areas of Queensland Aus, so is reasonable salt tolerant,
DPs garden has I understand quite a micro climate. (he also grows
Bougainvillea outside - which is tricky)

Old 02-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Sacha

"Sacha" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message

He's got all the ripe ones from that Pandorea but the unvariegated one
hasn't ripened yet - they're still green. However, I must say that as he
pulled one pod off this afternoon, a few seeds fluttered to the ground in
the big double house. Should be an interesting summer next year. ;-)
Can you keep Pandorea going outside, Charlie? I've seen it in Jersey but
even there, frost got it eventually, as it did with Mandevilla.

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Both sorts of Pandorea are ok outside in parts of cornwall but here in the
cold middle I expect to lose P. jasminoides every third year or so,
about -2c is the last straw so to speak!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Hmm, probably wouldn't last long here. We don't get terrible frosts but it
did go to -5 last year and it lasted for several days. However, other
things we felt certain we would lose, such as Salvia involucrata came back,
so astonishingly did S.boliviana, though it didn't flower and Amicia
zygomeris.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Old 02-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Sacha

"K" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
:
:
:
: "Sacha" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Davis has been known to pick his own oranges from an outdoor tree at
Christmas time, blast him! His garden is a little miracle.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

snip
I just googled for it as I didn't know it and came up with David Poole's
site, and he has it outside and mentions it can cope with the harsh
winds in
Torquay.

LOL. You weren't to know but David is a good friend of ours - actually,
he's responsible for our marriage! - and visits the nursery often. His
garden is exquisite - a stunning example of what can be done in a very small
space with a huge plant knowledge.

More recent group members also might not know that Dave Poole was also
a regular urgler several years ago, and is a particularly gifted writer.
If you look in the google archives of urg there were some wonderful long
posts about his fantastic garden and exotic plants grown outdoors, which
are well worth looking up.

Janet
Old 02-11-2003, 07:33 PM

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
[...]

His website is wonderful too, with great descriptions and lovely photos.
That's why it took me over 1.5 hours to reply to Sacha's post!

Old 04-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Sacha

[...]

Those who have asked for seeds will be happy to know they're in their
envelopes, on the hall table and waiting collection from the postman
tomorrow morning! There are still some left, if anyone else wants any.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Wonga-wonga Vine-Ruby Belle-6334 (Pandorea pandorana) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 20-10-2012 11:43 AM
What's killing my pandorea vine? Patty Winter Gardening 1 07-01-2009 09:47 PM
pandorea jasminoides i+e+d Garden Photos 0 17-06-2007 12:12 AM
Pandorea?????? Potaroo Australia 0 01-01-2006 02:57 AM
Solanum Jasminoides - leaf drop. Zo United Kingdom 5 06-07-2003 10:51 AM