Old 05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Default Garlic opinion

Hi,

I would like to grow garlic and any body has any experience with the variety
and when to grow them.

Rajinder

Old 06-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Rajinder wrote in message
I would like to grow garlic and any body has any experience with the

variety
and when to grow them.

Best obtained from a seed merchant (Marshalls etc) , the ones in the shops
are often from hot countries and are not suited to our conditions in the UK.
Plant the individual cloves in open sunny ground in early October about 9
inches apart and leave to do their thing, keep them weeded.
We dug our up and cleaned them last week.
Just about the easiest and hardiest plant to grow.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 06-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Sarah Dale

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:41:24 +0100, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
I would like to grow garlic and any body has any experience with the variety
and when to grow them.

Hi Raj,

You need to buy 'planting' garlic from a seed merchant this year, and get
it planted in Oct / Nov this year, for good size bulbs next year. I've got
my garlic for the last 3 or 4 years from Marshalls. They offer variaeties
such as Vitesse that do well in the UK.

HTH, Sarah
Old 07-07-2003, 02:18 AM
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

Rajinder

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
opinion: bioplast? Brian Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 24-06-2003 12:56 AM
Opinion on Permalon + I just Graduated! Bob Ponds 8 20-06-2003 08:44 PM
azgardens: Opinion ??? Lyn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 20-04-2003 06:24 AM
azgardens: Opinion ??? Wilma Duncan Freshwater Aquaria Plants 22 03-03-2003 11:54 PM