Old 06-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Paul

Default Sprouting sweet cherry pits

How do I sprout sweet cherry Pits?

Also, can I just planty them in a small planter in my home or on the
porch until I see some growth? When is the best time to plant them
outside?

I am in the Pitts, PA - Usa. Area.

ALSO, are there any groups devoted to sweet cherry trees out there,
if so, would someone point me in the direction?

thanks
Old 06-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Dwayne

I would pour them into a small compost pile and cover them up with dirt,
this fall. Water them once in a while in the spring and they should come
up. I did that last fall with pear seeds, and now I have about 8 little
trees to transplant this fall. I know of a man who did that with peach pits
also. My wife puts apple seeds in a small amount of soil in a plastic bag,
dampens it, and puts it in the crisper of the refrigerator. Within tow
months they are ready to put in a pot.

Have fun. Dwayne

m...