Old 07-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Tony Bull

Default ADVERT

www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk. Hello again fellow gardeners. Have a
look at my website and tell me what you think of my fountains. They
are all hand made. Use the form to email your order or comments, you
need send no money. You can also email me direct on
. Best Regards
Tony Bull
Old 08-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Tony Bull

(Tony Bull) wrote in message om...
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk. Hello again fellow gardeners. Have a
look at my website and tell me what you think of my fountains. They
are all hand made. Use the form to email your order or comments, you
need send no money. You can also email me direct on
. Best Regards
Tony Bull

I did listen to you Mike, I just didn't agree with your comments which
is my right. Sorry you got upset about it.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk
Old 10-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Warwick

In article ,
says...
(Tony Bull) wrote in message om...
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk. Hello again fellow gardeners. Have a
look at my website and tell me what you think of my fountains. They
are all hand made. Use the form to email your order or comments, you
need send no money. You can also email me direct on
. Best Regards
Tony Bull

I did listen to you Mike, I just didn't agree with your comments which
is my right.

I don't know what Mike may have said, but what you did was abuse on the
internet.

The UK groups are always very carefully debated out before their
creation and there is a charter for all of them.

Below is the URG Charter.

I'll direct you to the advertising section. Your advert is 6 lines and
not 4 as required. Your advert was last posted just under a month agoe
and not 3 as required. By advertising outside the charter in such a
manner, you, are a spammer. As a spammer you gave up the right to be
treated with courtesy and earned contempt. The only reason I haven't
launched a set of mails to
, abuse@ freeserve.co.uk,
, and bellnexia.net (why on
earth is that site hosted in Canada?) is that you ignored every piece of
advice about the site design and layout and it still looks laughably
amateur. I'm working on the basis that you are as free of clue in IT,
acceptable useage, contracts and service agreements as my mother. That
you didn't take on board the helpful suggestions given by others nearly
a month ago leads me to think that you couldn't get a clue if you were
soaked in clue pheromone in clue bondage gear on the clue mating grounds
during clue mating season surrounded by horny clues.

uk.rec.gardening To discuss gardening topics relevant to the UK

THE CHARTER:

To discuss gardening issues relevant to the UK. These will include
flowers, shrubs, trees, fruit & vegetables, lawns, houseplants,
beneficial insects & animals, soils, composting, design, location,
situation, seasons/times, hard structures (paths, greenhouses, cloches,
rockeries), ponds, tools & materials, weeds and pests & diseases. This
is not meant to be an exhaustive list.

In the absence of more appropriate, geographically specific newsgroups,
discussion of gardening in Eire, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
will also be welcome. Because there are climatic, legal, cultural and
other differences, discussion of gardening in other parts of the world
is OFF TOPIC (there are other regional gardening newsgroups, and the
global rec.gardens, one of which may be more appropriate). Please note
that this exclusion relates to subject matter, not people, and posters
from around the globe will be welcome to participate in or initiate
discussion of UK-relevant topics.

Specifically, please remember that there is no direct correlation
between US climate zones and the climate of the UK.

BINARIES:

All posts should be in plain ASCII text. The posting of all binaries
(including, for example, pictures, html format text or code, "business
cards", software, word processor files) is not welcome. Such material
belongs on a web or ftp site, to which a pointer may be posted.

ADVERTISING:

Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:

Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant material
may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their garden-
related business in their .sig (max. four lines).

Old 10-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Essjay001

Warwick wrote:
That you didn't take on board the helpful suggestions given
by others nearly a month ago leads me to think that you couldn't get
a clue if you were soaked in clue pheromone in clue bondage gear on
the clue mating grounds during clue mating season surrounded by horny
clues.

Oi! Don't hold back you tell him what you really feel!

Old 10-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Tony Bull

Warwick wrote in message news:MPG.1976a6c0b6277cbb9897d5@lateinos...
In article ,
says...
[...]

Dear AlReynolds
I disagree. My advert was four lines long on the form when I typed it
out,My original message was posted on or around the 28th June and was
a genuine attempt to find out what people thought of the website. Out
of nearly 2000 hits, only about six were critical and none but you and
Mike were abusive.The others were quite constructive in their
criticisms. I thought gardeners were friendly people but I am
mistaken.
I am obviously quite new to this newsgroup business, but your reaction
is more like road rage.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

Old 10-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Andy

On 10 Jul 2003 10:28:46 -0700, (Tony
Bull) wrote:

. Hello again fellow gardeners. Have a
look at my website and tell me what you think of my fountains.

Snip most of add

Tony Bull

snip

[...]

Hehehehehe....

Snip rest of charter

ADVERTISING:

Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:

Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant material
may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their garden-
related business in their .sig (max. four lines).

Dear AlReynolds

I disagree. My advert was four lines long on the form when I typed it
out,My original message was posted on or around the 28th June and was
a genuine attempt to find out what people thought of the website.

Whilst also advertising it.

of nearly 2000 hits, only about six were critical and none but you and
Mike were abusive.The others were quite constructive in their
criticisms. I thought gardeners were friendly people but I am
mistaken.

I am obviously quite new to this newsgroup business, but your reaction
is more like road rage.

Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

Well you now know that people are allowed to take the **** if you
can't be arsed to read the FAQ before posting. And that it's no good
whingeing about it. BTW - It may help you get a few orders if you
sort out the dreadful colours on your site. The fountains are OK but
there's no two ways about it - your site is crap.

Good luck with your biz and see you in three months.

Andy
Old 10-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Tony Bull
writes
I thought gardeners were friendly people but I am
mistaken.

They are friendly enough when gardening is being discussed.
If you go into other topics, they behave just like ordinary people.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:47 PM
pip

"Al Reynolds" wrote in message ...
"Warwick" wrote in response to a spammer:
I'm working on the basis that you are as free of clue in IT,
acceptable useage, contracts and service agreements as my mother. That
you didn't take on board the helpful suggestions given by others nearly
a month ago leads me to think that you couldn't get a clue if you were
soaked in clue pheromone in clue bondage gear on the clue mating grounds
during clue mating season surrounded by horny clues.

*ROFLMFAO*
Al

oh dear Warwick, seems you don't understand the 'charter' as far as
abuse is concerned..... and perhaps you could use your own wit in your
put-downs next time, instead of stealing it from eigthies sit-coms??

Old 10-07-2003, 09:47 PM
pip

(Tony Bull) wrote in message om...
(Tony Bull) wrote in message om...
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk. Hello again fellow gardeners. Have a
look at my website and tell me what you think of my fountains. They
are all hand made. Use the form to email your order or comments, you
need send no money. You can also email me direct on
. Best Regards
Tony Bull

I did listen to you Mike, I just didn't agree with your comments which
is my right. Sorry you got upset about it.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

As a customer of Caterpillar Fountains I can only say that I have been
most impressed with the service and very satisfied with the product. I
had searched the web for a copper water feature after seeing some
ridicuously priced 'sculptures' at a large flower show and Caterpillar
had what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay. Tony Bull was prepared
to spend considerable time on the phone and by e-mail to ensure my
fountain was exactly right, and delivered the finished product as
promised. I look forward to seeing his bird-bath designs.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:45 PM
Warwick

In article ,
says...

As a customer of Caterpillar Fountains I can only say that I have been
most impressed with the service and very satisfied with the product. I
had searched the web for a copper water feature after seeing some
ridicuously priced 'sculptures' at a large flower show and Caterpillar
had what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay. Tony Bull was prepared
to spend considerable time on the phone and by e-mail to ensure my
fountain was exactly right, and delivered the finished product as
promised. I look forward to seeing his bird-bath designs.

Godd service and praise where due. I *like* to see that. We so often
only see the results of bad service.

I've never criticized his product, not having seen it properly. I only
insulted his posts. These are two completely seperate matters.

I don't like that a commercial provider has posted twice in under a
month. I *really* don't like the site design and it wasn't until my
second visit that I found there was anything beyond the first page.

I can't argue that having seen the pictures on the site they seem
innovative and excellent quality and deserve to be set in better
surroundings that awful blue, brown and gold with those little icons
that look like they hyperlink to somewhere, but are just pointless gifs.

In *spite* of my attitude to the site. I have seen anything that
attracted me as a fountain more than that seen in...

http://www.caterpillarfountain.fsnet...es/garden1.jpg

I'm trying to work out when I'll have the time to finally built the pond
area and there's a high chance that £230 will be spent on something like
that.

I just don't like his website or the way he advertised.

Warwick

Heritage Vegetable Seed Catalogue (ADVERT) Ray Warner United Kingdom 9 27-10-2003 09:12 PM
Bloody Advert was____ Advert k United Kingdom 8 21-10-2003 04:12 PM
ADVERT Tony Bull United Kingdom 0 07-07-2003 10:13 PM
ADVERT Tony Bull United Kingdom 0 07-07-2003 08:28 PM
Advert - Authentic Garden prints and designs Rob United Kingdom 0 16-05-2003 12:32 AM