Old 19-07-2003, 10:13 PM
David Hill

Default Finding a property with a Big Garden

144 sq. inches = 1 square foot
9 sq. feet = 1 square yard
4840 sq. yards = 1 acre
640 acres = 1 square mile

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 19-07-2003, 10:43 PM
David Hill

You could always try here

http://www.dhalia.com/results.asp

LOL

David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Old 20-07-2003, 08:22 AM
martin

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:12:06 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

144 sq. inches = 1 square foot
9 sq. feet = 1 square yard
4840 sq. yards = 1 acre
640 acres = 1 square mile

1acre = 0.405 hectare
more at
http://www.scijournals.org/misc/conversion.shtml

"acre foot" seems to be popular in some places.
--
martin
Old 20-07-2003, 08:34 AM
martin

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:38:41 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

You could always try here

http://www.dhalia.com/results.asp

LOL

David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

I can guess how you found that Mr. Dyslexic :-)
--
martin
Old 20-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Drakanthus

Rural scene is a good web site for out of the way houses, however Tom
baulked at the one I found which had ten acres and was a snip with a 20
foot kitchen and a twenty foot bedroom and a twenty foot
lounge............ well okay, it was a one roomed undeveloped sort of
shack but it COULD have been nice if he'd had the imagination
............. AND it was cheap

janet

Sounds like the sort of place we are looking for. Thankfully we have lots of
imagination. When we bought our current house is was in a serious state of
dis-repair. Not quite derelict but rapidly heading that way. The house had
been on the market for 8 years before we bought it, the last two unoccupied.
Apparently everyone else saw "lots of work" but we just saw it as a blank
canvas. We were told the story of one couple who were brought to see the
house one Winter only to open the door and see water cascading down the
walls - they promptly turned round and walked back out again. The tank in
the attic had frozen and burst.
The property is now 'desirable' again and is valued at three times what we
paid for it three years ago.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old 20-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Mike

Who he? Do a search on Google. Arm yourself with a flask and some
sandwiches.

Mike

British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more
National Service (RAF) Association Scarborough. Nov 7th - 10th (Nearly Full)
Old 20-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article ,
Drakanthus writes

The property is now 'desirable' again and is valued at three times what we
paid for it three years ago.

Good for you ........... how's the garden?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 21-07-2003, 09:25 AM
Drakanthus

Good for you ........... how's the garden?
--
Janet Tweedy

Bursting at the seams, but we still buy plants, get home and ponder where to
put them - no room left anywhere.
We have even got sweetcorn growing in tubs on the drive and runner beans up
the side of the house competing with the Clematis Montana this year. I bet
there aren't many folks who reach out of an upstairs window to pick runner
beans!