Old 10-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Amber

Default systemtic fungicide update

in going into my local garden center I found the systhane (green plastic
with purple label) as a systemic if you buy it to mix up. If you get it in
their ready made spray its only for ornamentals. Go figure!

Old 10-07-2003, 07:59 PM
The Devil's Advocate

You wouldn't use it on anything other than ornamentals though would you?

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Old 10-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Amber

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
message ...

Amber wrote:
: in going into my local garden center I found the systhane (green
: plastic with purple label) as a systemic if you buy it to mix up. If
: you get it in their ready made spray its only for ornamentals. Go
: figure!

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

The one u get in a spray can is for ornamentals but the one you make up can
be used on crops. But they look the same bar that. weird eh?

Old 11-07-2003, 08:20 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Sorry to be a pain but are u sure u should be spraying a systemic spray on
to things u r going to eat?

Amber wrote:
: "The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
: message ...
:: You wouldn't use it on anything other than ornamentals though would
:: you?
::
:

Old 11-07-2003, 12:56 PM
David Hill

"......... Sorry to be a pain but are u sure u should be spraying a systemic
spray on to things u r going to eat? ........."

If you're going to use Systemic on food crops you have to be aware of the
life of the spray. some systemics only remain in the plant for a couple of
days(but for safety the label will say 5 or 7 days before harvest), others
can have a life of around 2 weeks (again the label will add another week for
safety)
just be sure you leave enough time between spraying and harvest

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 12-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Amber

"David Hill" wrote in message
"......... Sorry to be a pain but are u sure u should be spraying a

systemic
spray on to things u r going to eat? ........."

If you're going to use Systemic on food crops you have to be aware of the
life of the spray. some systemics only remain in the plant for a couple of
days(but for safety the label will say 5 or 7 days before harvest), others
can have a life of around 2 weeks (again the label will add another week

for
safety)
just be sure you leave enough time between spraying and harvest

Yes I do that. To be honest I don't actually put it on crops but I have a
few things nearby that are herbs that might catch by accident hence wanting
it to be ok for crops also, but it does say it is.

Captan 50% WP fungicide questions - please help Jay von Lehe Orchids 0 16-11-2003 07:12 PM
fungicide Dave and Kim Orchids 2 05-10-2003 11:32 PM
Decree fungicide Anne Lurie Roses 4 30-05-2003 08:33 PM
Listerine for fungicide? JimS. Roses 0 12-03-2003 08:21 AM
Please recommend "good value for money" fungicide, fertilizer and insecticide Thomas Wong Orchids 1 28-02-2003 06:17 PM