Old 29-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Decree fungicide

I'm new to this newsgroup, so I don't know much about roses -- yet! --
but I'm an inveterate Internet surfer!

Here's an SePRO website with some info about Decree fungicide:
http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/Home...tstmlsid&ct=Fa
rmington%20Hills&st=MI&lid=23036417&areaid=9550&po e=realtor&sid=00F2510131AB
C&snumxlid=1026607928&lnksrc=00003

I'm not quite sure, but I think SePRO is a regional distributor in the SE
US. In any event, there are some links to info about using Decree, which
the website describes as "the new standard for botrytis."

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 29-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Scopata Fuori

"
I'm not quite sure, but I think SePRO is a regional distributor in the SE
US. In any event, there are some links to info about using Decree, which
the website describes as "the new standard for botrytis."

Many thanks! I will definitely try to find it. Blackspot is taking a
backseat to botrytis right now. My foliage looks great, but the bloom s(what
few I have) are browned, "stuck," and wilting.

I cannot believe my first "flush" is going to be in June, in coastal 7b.
It's about 3 weeks late. I have some blooms, but not like it's been in the
past. And I have as many buds, if not more, but they are not "ripe" as
quickly.

Scopata Fuori

Old 29-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Theo Asir

I cannot believe my first "flush" is going to be in June, in coastal 7b.
It's about 3 weeks late. I have some blooms, but not like it's been in the
past. And I have as many buds, if not more, but they are not "ripe" as
quickly.

I have been curious about this
bloom time variace for some time.

Here in cold Zone 5 borderline 4
My first flush is done. Deadheaded
last rose last week. Many are
now getting ready for their second flush.
Probably first week of June.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 30-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Cass

In article ddf28afe2fe069baa4cd6f2eebfe2d51@TeraNews, Theo Asir
wrote:

I cannot believe my first "flush" is going to be in June, in coastal 7b.
It's about 3 weeks late. I have some blooms, but not like it's been in the
past. And I have as many buds, if not more, but they are not "ripe" as
quickly.

Have you been part of the 8 inches of rain in the month of May climate
group? That's got to be rough. Our late, damp spring brought lots of
buds but many more spoiled buds. It's been a job to finger prune the
ruined buds as they start to open because there are so many buds,
plenty of unspoiled ones can make for a nice flush. Buff Beauty comes
to mind....along with Honorine de Brabant.

I have been curious about this
bloom time variace for some time.

Here in cold Zone 5 borderline 4
My first flush is done. Deadheaded
last rose last week. Many are
now getting ready for their second flush.
Probably first week of June.

Around here, air *and* soil temps have to be implicated along with the
relative harshness of the winter. More frost, more condensed the spring
flush. Milder the winter, more spread out the spring flush.

I can gauge bloom dates from the dates of jpgs of the blooms. Some
roses do their spring flush same week every year. Among those, some
like Dortmund, Phyllis Bide and Sally Holmes have the peak flush the
same day three years in a row. Certain shrub roses are always last:
Bonica, Carefree Delight, and The Fairy are just starting to open up.

The teas, noisettes and hybrid teas are the most variable here - from
starting in the end of January to skipping the winter bloom and waiting
until May.
Old 30-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Scopata Fuori

" Have you been part of the 8 inches of rain in the month of May climate
group? That's got to be rough.

Yep, that's me. But it is SUNNY today, and 75 degrees...and guess what!
Blaze, both of them (far as the guess goes, because I don't think they are
Don Juan as labeled) have popped. As has Red Cascade, and a few of the Cl.
White Dawn. I think that's Gemini with an armload, and Pink Grootendurst is
covered with drooping blooms.

Does anyone else's Pink Grootendurst's blooms have droopy necks? It's the
only one I have like that.

Off to get the digital camera...the Blaze over the arbor looks great!
Unfortunately, the pair of dead rose trees flanking it look like hell. Maybe
I'll spray them green, drop some silk foliage and flowers in stiff black
stubs, and let 'em go...

Scopata Fuori

BTW, anyone else look at the comparison of my minis with Messenger, and
without? It is indeed Group 1 that received Messenger. Even my roseclueless
husband could easily spot the obvious difference in overall vigor, health,
size, and number of blooms.

There are four photos from similar angles, of both sets of seven miniatures
roses, total eight pictures.

Captan 50% WP fungicide questions - please help Jay von Lehe Orchids 0 16-11-2003 07:12 PM
fungicide Dave and Kim Orchids 2 05-10-2003 11:32 PM
preventative systemic fungicide? Ryan greenthumbs Orchids 2 10-06-2003 11:32 PM
Listerine for fungicide? JimS. Roses 0 12-03-2003 08:21 AM
Please recommend "good value for money" fungicide, fertilizer and insecticide Thomas Wong Orchids 1 28-02-2003 06:17 PM