Old 17-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Malcolm

Default Rats in Compost Bin

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:33:59 +1000, "Fran"
wrote:

"Andrew Wells" wrote in message

Thanks for the advice, folks. Once these rats are dead & buried, I'll see
what I can do to keep them out in future.

Don't bother to keep 'em out, just get 2 Jack Russells and then a hunting
you should go. Very cheap entertainment...........

Only if you are an extremely simple, stupid, naive lager lout.

--

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?

I understand.

/´¯/)
/¯../
/..../
/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
\.................'...../
''...\.......... _.·´
\..............(
\.............\..
Old 20-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Fran

"Malcolm" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:33:59 +1000, "Fran"

Don't bother to keep 'em out, just get 2 Jack Russells and then a hunting
you should go. Very cheap entertainment...........

Only if you are an extremely simple, stupid, naive lager lout.
So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?

I understand.

/´¯/)
/¯../
/..../
/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
\.................'...../
''...\.......... _.·´
\..............(
\.............\..

Reasoned, well thought out, civil debate???????????????? I'd say that
someone who uses such a signature block is singularly ill mannered and very
loutish to boot.

However, since you obviously couldn't be bothered thinking before you leap
into such hypocritical print, I suggest you should either think about the
issues involved in using hunting dogs vs poison or try asking someone who is
more capable than you of considering the issues.

Dogs, such as JRs are great hunters. They will kill rats much faster and
more effectively than poison. Poison is a long and slow death and unless
the carcases are removed the posin can move on down the food chain.

Dogs do a thorough job and the dog handler knows that the rats are killed
quickly and that the poisoned bait isn't lying around for birds or other
animals to ingest. I'll use JRs anytime instead of poison (with the
exception of car exhaust fumes - which are one poison which works very well
although not as thoroughly as JRs). It is also a VERY satisfying pastime
getting rid of vermin of either 2 or 4 legs.

Now it you wish to argue then do it on the basis of fact not your ignorant
prejudices.