Old 12-07-2003, 09:44 AM

Default Madagascar palm

I have a Madagascar Palm which, judging by the number of
leaves it has, seems very happy. It has grown about 3
smaller versions of itself around the base (attached to
the main trunk) which look similarly happy. Should I
remove these so that the main tree can use its energy to
get bigger, or just leave them? If I remove them, what
is the best way to do it?

Thanks.

BTW, if this isn't the best place to ask, if anyone can
point me in the right direction please do so.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:08 PM
JennyC

wrote in message
I have a Madagascar Palm which, judging by the number of
leaves it has, seems very happy. It has grown about 3
smaller versions of itself around the base (attached to
the main trunk) which look similarly happy. Should I
remove these so that the main tree can use its energy to
get bigger, or just leave them? If I remove them, what
is the best way to do it?

Thanks.

BTW, if this isn't the best place to ask, if anyone can
point me in the right direction please do so.

http://www.junglemusic.net/palmadvice/

Jenny :~)

Old 12-07-2003, 05:20 PM

JennyC wrote:

wrote

BTW, if this isn't the best place to ask, if anyone can
point me in the right direction please do so.

http://www.junglemusic.net/palmadvice/

Thanks, I'll have a looksee.

Jenny :~)

Your nose is running ;-)

Old 12-07-2003, 05:44 PM
martin

On 12 Jul 2003 16:21:05 GMT, wrote:

JennyC wrote:

wrote

BTW, if this isn't the best place to ask, if anyone can
point me in the right direction please do so.

http://www.junglemusic.net/palmadvice/

Thanks, I'll have a looksee.

Jenny :~)

Your nose is running ;-)

Don't leave them outside too long!

http://www.fresnobee.com/lifestyle/h...-8008033c.html
Exotic palm is like two plants in one

By Elinor Teague
(Published Monday, July 7, 2003, 10:25 AM)

The strong structure of palms creates a focal point in any room.
Succulents tolerate warm temperatures, low humidity and some sun and
are well-suited to our climate.
Offering the best of both species is the Madagascar palm, a succulent
whose branches and shape closely resemble those of a true palm.

The dark-green branches, or fronds, of the Madagascar palm grow along
a spiny, thick stem. The spines are really sharp, so you'll need to
place the plant where children and pets can't be hurt, and you must
always protect your hands when touching the stem.

When planted outdoors in frost-free zones, Madagascar palms can grow
rapidly to a height of 20 feet. Indoors, they will top out at about 4
feet. They need bright light and some direct sun, but they should be
protected from the hottest summer rays.

Water when the soil is nearly dry; Madagascar palms are susceptible to
root rot. Feed monthly with a cactus-and-succulent food.

Madagascar palms go dormant in winter and may drop a few leaves.

--
martin

____/|
O \ o.O|