Old 18-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Ady

Default Blue Bell bulbs

Just a quick question, and I don't want to get into the debate about
english/spanish etc...
At the start of spring we were given some clumps of bluebells due to her
garden being over hauled, and we planted them in a border down the
bottom of the garden.
I have just noticed that now all the foliage has gone I have an
assortment of bulbs close to the surface of the border.
The question is what do I doe with these, do I leave them were they are
or pick them up and dry them out for next year.
Go easy as I'm am beginner.

Cheers

Ady

Old 18-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Ady
writes
Just a quick question, and I don't want to get into the debate about
english/spanish etc...
At the start of spring we were given some clumps of bluebells due to her
garden being over hauled, and we planted them in a border down the
bottom of the garden.
I have just noticed that now all the foliage has gone I have an
assortment of bulbs close to the surface of the border.
The question is what do I doe with these, do I leave them were they are
or pick them up and dry them out for next year.
Go easy as I'm am beginner.

Bury them again.

They're best not dried out.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 19-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Derek Banks

Kay Easton wrote:
In article , Ady
writes

Just a quick question, and I don't want to get into the debate about
english/spanish etc...
At the start of spring we were given some clumps of bluebells due to her
garden being over hauled, and we planted them in a border down the
bottom of the garden.
I have just noticed that now all the foliage has gone I have an
assortment of bulbs close to the surface of the border.
The question is what do I doe with these, do I leave them were they are
or pick them up and dry them out for next year.
Go easy as I'm am beginner.

Bury them again.

They're best not dried out.

Spanish or English Blue Bells are very invasive, bury them again, but
keep an eye on them, try not to let them seed, pick the flowers or dead
head otherwise over time they will flood out every thing else in your
flower beds. Once entrenched they are difficult to get rid of. Left
to their own devices over many seasons they took over a very large part
of my garden. It's taken at least three seasons to eradicate them.
They are now the front of the house where they look happy and can do no
real harm. They are wonderful in a vase.
I have the spanish variety ( a labelling/selling problem - I thought I
had purchased the english variety) and they are as tough as old boots.

Derek