Old 21-07-2003, 04:33 PM
TXXT123

Default Ants

has anyone an idea for a solution to our ant invasion?,tried boiling water,will
jeyes fluid kill em?
Old 21-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Lorna

If you know where the nest is, try a few drops of Nippon (this sounds
unlikely, somehow, but that is its name. See:
http://www.vitax.co.uk/home/vitax.asp?product=14 for details) on a stone
near one of their routes. They take it back to the colony to feed the
others and it wipes them out. The main ingredient seems to be borax, and
I've heard they don't like chalk either, so maybe it's the alkalinity that
does for them?

Old 21-07-2003, 06:55 PM
Graham Dixon

Nippon does work - it takes a week or two though.

If they are coming into your house then stop them by painting creasote along
the crack all the way around the outside of the building where the bricks
meet the ground - if your a semi-detached get your adjoining neighbour to do
the same.

Graham Dixon

Old 22-07-2003, 10:22 AM
David Hill

"........ Nippon does work - it takes a week or two though.........."

I use Nippon Liquid and find it works in a couple of hours.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 22-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Jeanne Stockdale

Whilst weeding a patio area this weekend, I came across several ants nests,
one of them being full of flying ants and some with (apparently) lots of
eggs in them. . Nippon certainly worked but in the meantime I have been
badly bitten - I can only assume it is the ants.

Jeanne Stockdale

"TXXT123" wrote in message
has anyone an idea for a solution to our ant invasion?,tried boiling

water,will
jeyes fluid kill em?

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
ants v Amdro -- ants winning Wayfarer Texas 11 09-04-2003 04:08 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
ants in worm farm Mousie Australia 8 02-04-2003 10:20 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM