Old 05-08-2003, 11:12 PM
David Hill

Default Fleece

"........I'm grooming three silver britches as a bonsai group..........."

I presume they don't need pruning, but do you get problems with the flies on
them???

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 06-08-2003, 08:22 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

"........I'm grooming three silver britches as a bonsai group..........."

I presume they don't need pruning, but do you get problems with the flies on
them???

Visit us in The Shed and you'll get a lot more 'interesting' speeling to
wonder at innit. But in the case of the silver britches I'm going to
pull them up in the autumn as it gets a little cold round the
thingummywotsits at that thyme of year.

--
Rusty
This space scribbled in in case someone nicks it before I find a decent sig.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from Rusty Hinge contains these words:

I'll start a Chris mass box then.

/me grins manically.

There are those in this group who might satisfy your curiosity, but I'll
let you think a bit more.......

I`m a thinking. Gonna put that name into the word juggler and see what
pops up I think.

I'm grooming three silver britches as a bonsai group. I found a book on
the art in a charititty shop, but I'm not altogether convinced by the
author's examples of his own efforts.

Silver birches as a group. Interesting concept, the hard part is keeping
the perspective of it correct.

I'll be making some more spicy sauce soon, so I'll have a couple of
dozen tamarind beans to plant. I think I soaked the last lot too long as
most of them went rotten very quickly and only one grew. This time I'll
just wash them and bung them in deep seed trays. They're engaging little
trees: the leaves are rather acacia-like, but fold up in direct
sunlight, opening up again when the currant whatnot slopes off round the
corner of the house and (de)lights other windows.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p

I have seen Tamirind`s as Bonsai and they are quite interesting ar`nt they.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use
Old 06-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Christopher Norton contains these words:

I have seen Tamirind`s as Bonsai and they are quite interesting ar`nt they.

Mine has only its second set of leaves, but it looks promising. I'll
plant you some blackthorn when I pick the sloes for guess what?, and
some whitethorn soon.

Dogwood? Ash?

thinks is a bonsai giant redwood an oxymoron?

Old 07-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from Rusty Hinge contains these words:

Mine has only its second set of leaves, but it looks promising. I'll
plant you some blackthorn when I pick the sloes for guess what?, and
some whitethorn soon.

Silly question is`nt that Rusty??? G

Dogwood? Ash?

Good stuff, Ash makes nice wee trees.

thinks is a bonsai giant redwood an oxymoron?

Possibly but it`s been done. Just have to keep pruning them often cos
they grow so quick. If I knew what an oxymoron was I`d be a little more
clued up. (Grammar school education aint wat it used to be).