Old 02-08-2003, 01:12 PM
VeraSquire

Default Shrubs -cuttings when to take them

Help!!

Hi I'm a newbie at gardening having just inherited an enormous one
with my bungalow.

I would like to make a shrub hedge, - current stretch 20'. Being
arthritic - mainly in my hands - I find it difficult to keep up
with yews & escolonia (?). However I do have a Leycestria & a Davidi
Budlea(?)
which have grown to over 6' in two years. I think they would suit
the stretch I have in mind
admirably - winging neighbour constantly screaming about privacy.
Don't mention
Leylandi I am sorely tempted to slap 1 or 12 up there but I would be
the one to suffer!!!

Any advice on time to take cuttings & what kind of potting compost
to us would be truly
helpful.

TIA

Vera