Old 07-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Alison

Default Pruning Stuff

Ok so hedges are a bit new to me. We planted a beech hedge and a privet
hedge last autumn and I'm wondering when is the right time for pruning?

Also an established Laurel hedge. I've trimmed this before but must have
cut off all the potential flowering bits cos we've not had flowers except on
the bit I couldn't reach :-( Is there a right time for this too in order to
retain the flowers?

Step-over apple trees. Newly planted this spring but wondering if I need to
trim sideshoots yet and if so, by how much?

Rose, Ispahan - when and by how much?

Rambling rose, Viechenblau (sp?) with bad attack of black spot and almost no
leaves left :-( What does it flower on next year? This year's growth? In
which case am I too late to prune it so it looks less straggly?