Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2003, 06:04 PM
AWM

Default Personal Firewall softwa postscript

wrote in message
martin wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:26:51 +0100, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

In message , martin
writes

snip

I haven't had a virus attack on my PCs in the more than ten years I've
been connected to the internet and I don't run any virus protection
at all. I just have a reasonably responsible family and a system which
is inherently fairly safe (ISDN NAT router).

--
Chris Green )

Just took a phone call from a NAV user a client a disabled lady who depends
on E mail to communicate -- her computer is rebooting when ever she
attempts to connect to the internet -- my immediate suspicion a
trojan/worn, a quick trawl reveals MSBlaster as the likely culprit. I
suspect the version of NAV virus signatures file on her computer won't be
more than 2 weeks out of date as she recently renewed her sub to Norton. It
would appear the worn came right through the XP firewall and was undetect by
NAV.

/firewall On rig Garden Photos 0 05-04-2007 07:00 PM
Personal Orchid tracking software BruceM Orchids 3 19-03-2007 02:37 AM
moving apple trees - postscript jane United Kingdom 0 01-04-2004 08:44 PM
moving apple trees - postscript jane United Kingdom 0 01-04-2004 08:42 PM
Personal Firewall software Rhiannon S United Kingdom 19 09-10-2003 01:35 AM