Old 21-08-2003, 01:02 PM

Default Poisonous apples ??

Victoria Clare wrote:
"Martin Richards" wrote in
:

"Victoria Clare" wrote in
It was intended as a joke. I now wish I hadn't posted... :-(

It made me laugh. 'specially as I find all apples semi-poisonous when
raw - nasty things ;-)

Heavens, I'm glad I'm not you!

I have a complete glut of apples this year: the pruning and compost is
finally paying off (and this is a good year anyway...)

I hate to say it but I doubt if the pruning and compost have as much
relevance as that it is just a 'good year' for fruit. We have loads
of apples and even more loads of plums and, for the first time, some
greengages. All our fruit trees have to survive with little care as
we have quite enough to do looking after the rest of the land we own,
the orchard does get mowed occasionally but that's about it.

--
Chris Green )
Old 21-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Martin Richards

"Victoria Clare" wrote
"Martin Richards" wrote
It made me laugh. 'specially as I find all apples semi-poisonous when
raw - nasty things ;-)

Just had a party this weekend, and rather than crisps, served a trug-load
of apples and loads of mini-pies: that's got to be better than
Pringles...!

I'd rather have the pringles... Apples, carrots and potatoes is apparently
a common allergy grouping, but many people find that the problem goes away
when the food is cooked - fortunately, including me. I get itchy hands from
peeling all of them, and eating raw apples or carrot leaves me in
considerable discomfort (not tried raw spuds!). I _once_ rubbed my eyes
straight after peeling an apple for the kids... Never again. I also have
to be careful when handling the home made compost as that can also give me
itchy hands - I wonder if that's a reflection on all the carrot and potato
peelings in there?

Martin

Old 22-08-2003, 06:16 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

that's got to be better than
Pringles...!

Anything's better than Pringles. Yeuch!

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to