Old 23-08-2003, 03:22 AM
anne

Default The Cost of Land - Part 2

TheGardener wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message
snip

We're now looking for the next project!!

Ahhh well i can help you there....my address is...
and i've got 5 acres of swamp i've been meaning to make a start on for

the
last 30 years.... )

Mark, this sounds like my dream water garden project..... ;~))
--
Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk

Chrissie, how much did it cost?

Old 23-08-2003, 03:22 AM
anne

"Mark" wrote in message
snip

We're now looking for the next project!!

Ahhh well i can help you there....my address is...
and i've got 5 acres of swamp i've been meaning to make a start on for

the
last 30 years.... )

Mark, this sounds like my dream water garden project..... ;~))
--
Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk

Chrissie, how much did it cost?

Sorry, I don't mean the land itself, I mean the work done afterwards.

Old 23-08-2003, 02:02 PM
TheGardener

"anne" wrote in message

Chrissie, how much did it cost?

Sorry, I don't mean the land itself, I mean the work done afterwards.

Well, I designed the garden myself, and we did all the landscaping and
building work ourselves, so there were no labour charges. Gazebo cost
around £250 - £300-ish incl. paint and decking floor (the most expensive
part of this being the ready-made fence panel used as the back of the
gazebo). Turf, can't remember. Slabs for patio were already in the garden
as a path, so we recycled those rather than buy expensive new ones. Fence
cost an arm and a leg. Railway sleepers bought in bulk so cost £12.99 +VAT
each. Plants......... well, about half were already in pots or in the
ground in the original garden, and other plants were bought gradually over
the months, some as cheap as 99p each, other larger specimens much dearer!
Plants were probably the highest expenditure, but I don't drink or smoke, so
these are my indulgence! In terms of satisfaction - PRICELESS!!

--
Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk/newgarden.html