Old 19-08-2003, 01:22 PM
TheGardener

Default The Cost of Land - Part 2

In May 2002 (yes, I know it's a long time ago!) I posted a query (The Cost
of Land) about how much land might be to buy, as we were thinking of buying
part of our neighbour's garden which he no longer used. The consensus of
opinion was that it was hard to put a price on such land, and that we should
make him an offer. Well, this we did, and took possession of the said land
in September 2002. As the wheels of the law grind so slowly, we didn't own
the land legally until earlier this month - yes, 11 months to complete the
legal stuff. Anyway, to get to the point, as several people at the time
wanted to know how we got on, I thought you might like to see the story and
pictures of the transformation of a weed infested plot of land into
something like a garden! Have a look -
www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk/newgarden.html (Very graphic intensive, so
be patient unless you're on broadband!)

--
Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk

Old 19-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Registered User

Location: Yorkshire UK

Wonderful transformation and well presented. Congratulations to you.

Peter.
Old 19-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Druss

"TheGardener" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent transformation, and nice piccies too. Though it seems to me that
you did an awful lot of work before you actually owned the land, seems a bit
risky to me, if you're neighbours had changed their minds or moved on or th
elegal stuff hadn't panned out for some reason, there might have been an
awful squabble. Glad it didn't turn out that way though.
Duncan

Old 19-08-2003, 07:24 PM
bnd777

[...]

WOW what a stunning transformation in such a short space of time

.......Congratulations

Old 20-08-2003, 03:33 AM
TheGardener

"Druss" wrote in message
[...]

We get on so well with our neighbours (fortunately) that we decided the risk
was worth taking in order not to lose more time while the bindweed grew ever
stronger! If things hadn't worked out, I'm sure we could have come to some
arrangement!

Old 20-08-2003, 03:34 AM
TheGardener

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Groundforce eat your heart out!

Ah, but we didn't complete this in only two days ;~)
--
Chrissie (not sure whether to be flattered or offended!)
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk

Old 20-08-2003, 03:44 AM
Marcus Fox

the transformation of a weed infested plot of land into
something like a garden! Have a look -
www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk/newgarden.html (Very graphic intensive,

so
be patient unless you're on broadband!)

Hi, it looks excellent, would you like to come and do mine

Marcus

Old 20-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Peter Crosland

You were meant to be flattered! You made a garden that will last to your
wishes not what somebody else thought you should have. Well done!!!

Old 20-08-2003, 12:32 PM
TheGardener

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
You were meant to be flattered! You made a garden that will last to your
wishes not what somebody else thought you should have. Well done!!!

Oh, in that case, thanks very much!!

Old 20-08-2003, 06:02 PM
BAC

[...]

Very pleased it worked out so well for you.

Old 20-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Jim W

"TheGardener" wrote:

[...]

Nice.. A little desingerish for my liking but I'm fussy like that;-)
Give it a few years to 'lush up' a bit and it'll look fab I think;-)

A lot of hard work shows in it tho-)

Congrats.. You can come and get started on the grim creepers here in
London now!-))
//
Jim
Old 22-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Mark

TheGardener typed:

In May 2002 (yes, I know it's a long time ago!) I posted a query (The
Cost of Land) (snip)

I hope you've enjoyed looking at these pictures of the transformation as

much as we have enjoyed working on it.

Yes i did thank you..

We're now looking for the next project!!

Ahhh well i can help you there....my address is...
and i've got 5 acres of swamp i've been meaning to make a start on for the
last 30 years.... )

Old 23-08-2003, 12:02 AM
TheGardener

"Mark" wrote in message
snip

We're now looking for the next project!!

Ahhh well i can help you there....my address is...
and i've got 5 acres of swamp i've been meaning to make a start on for the
last 30 years.... )

Mark, this sounds like my dream water garden project..... ;~))