Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-08-2003, 11:02 PM
shannie

Default football, marshmallow or fungi?

We found a *thing* growing at the bottom of our field, it has me completely
mystified as I've never seen anything like it before. Im presuming its some
form of fungi, its white, round, about the size of a soccer ball and looks
like a big piece of marshmallow!..One of my kids actually thought it was his
ball from a distance. Can someone tell me what it is please? I cut the grass
in this field once a week, but as it hasn't rained here is almost five weeks
I haven't cut it for the past three (it's half an acre, so any excuse not to
spend a couple of hours behind a mower!) it was only ploughed, harrowed and
reseeded last year having had horses on it for many years previous. I use
this grass for mulching flower beds etc, is it ok to still use it?

Thanks again

--

Shan (Ireland)
http://ukdiscus.com/main.htm