Old 24-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Hard694soft

Default How close should be Thujas planted near the house?

Hi All

We plated some 4 foot Thujas in our front lawn to protect bay windows - as they
were hit by flying football by teenagers.

But I heard that these conifers can grow very high, and suck every drop of
water later, and might damage the buidling foundation.

So how close is the safe distance for planting these guys? We have about 5
Thujas in our front lawn now, and closest one is about 5 ft away from the bay
windows - if not good idea - we better move them now when they are only 4 ft
tall.

cheers
Dan