Old 20-08-2003, 03:33 AM
Emrys Davies

Default How close should be Thujas planted near the house?

'Dan'.,

There are some twenty one Thujas. Which one have you got?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Hard694soft" wrote in message
Hi All

We plated some 4 foot Thujas in our front lawn to protect bay

windows - as they
were hit by flying football by teenagers.

But I heard that these conifers can grow very high, and suck every

drop of
water later, and might damage the buidling foundation.

So how close is the safe distance for planting these guys? We have

about 5
Thujas in our front lawn now, and closest one is about 5 ft away from

the bay
windows - if not good idea - we better move them now when they are

only 4 ft
tall.

cheers
Dan

Old 20-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Hard694soft

Hi Emrys

Sorry - I think it is Plicata? It grows to 30 m, if it is left alone?

cheers

Dan
Old 20-08-2003, 09:12 PM
bnd777

"Hard694soft" wrote in message
Hi All

We plated some 4 foot Thujas in our front lawn to protect bay windows - as

they
were hit by flying football by teenagers.

But I heard that these conifers can grow very high, and suck every drop of
water later, and might damage the buidling foundation.

So how close is the safe distance for planting these guys? We have about 5
Thujas in our front lawn now, and closest one is about 5 ft away from the

bay
windows - if not good idea - we better move them now when they are only 4

ft
tall.

cheers
Dan

trees that grow to 30ft planted just 5ft from your house

Old 20-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Sunburst8873

This tree is meant to be clipped to serve as hedges.

Old 21-08-2003, 04:12 AM
bnd777

"Sunburst8873" wrote in message
This tree is meant to be clipped to serve as hedges.

Well then they should be OK as planted