GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/42329-o-t-people-sitting-garden-wall-advice-needed.html)

Paulo De Souza 06-09-2003 07:42 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful.

have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from

barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Thanks.

Some kids really ****ed me off. Downstairs from my flat they would sit
outside my bloody window and smoke pot and drink and bitch. Police came by
once or twice. They would be there till one two... And it was summer during
the hot days. So one night im like just go away. They said no so about
30mins later i went out walked around shot them about 15times with my
paintball gun. Had the police around after just said i dont own a paintball
gun... they said ok. lol and that was it. . .
Paulo

Nick Upson 06-09-2003 08:02 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Add a row of bricks to the wall, but set at 45 degrees to the present wall
top. You can them claim "it's just to make it look pretty".

Depending upon the people concerned most of the other suggestions may cause
them to come back to you - Threats, bricks through window in the night, tyres
slashed, etc.

Paul Ryan 06-09-2003 08:22 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Paint your wall top with that black sticky gunk they use to keep pigeons
off
ledges.

Love it!

Paul

Jane Ransom 06-09-2003 08:22 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

In article , oo
writes

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I had a similar situation once.
I hung a tape recorder out of the window and caught about half an hour
of their 'conversation'. After that I called them in to listen to the
tape and told them I would go to their parents if they didn't behave in
a more civilised manner!!
That was many years ago. Someone recently suggested videoing.
Apparently, youngsters get very 'shy' when they realise that their anti
social behaviour is being recorded. All you need is a fake video camera
pointing at the wall.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Loaded_boyUK 06-09-2003 08:22 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

why not just put a sign up saying WET PAINT or WET CERMENT or FU** OFF YOU
LITTLE *******S.

How about a higher wall? and a 45deg slope on the top, so they can't sit on
it then.

best wishes

"oo" wrote in message
Hey folks

Thanks for the tips, however I don't really want to smear dog shit or
anti-vandal goo over my nice newly built wall.

I'm fed up with these little brats and judging by the reaction they are
nationwide problem. Where I live it can't be blamed on asylum seekers (the
media and government seem to blame them for all anti-social behavior) as

we
have none.

H 06-09-2003 08:42 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

How about using some araldite (spelling ?) to stick some drawing pins on the
top of the
wall, small enough not to see them but do enough damage if placed the right
distance apart. and cheap enough if the brats flatten them or try to get
them off.

Dave C. 06-09-2003 08:42 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Sprinklers with a remote control in the house.

Just a timer would do, doesn't need to be remote control. -Dave

joe parkin 06-09-2003 09:03 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

In article ,
says...
Paint your wall top with that black sticky gunk they use to keep pigeons

off
ledges.

Love it!

unfortunately you will be acting outside the law putting it on top of
a low wall.

ß Ø ® G 06-09-2003 09:03 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Air rifles are good

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Willi 06-09-2003 09:12 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

We have that kinda problem here.
To be honest if you give them any hassle, the more they will do it, so you
may be better off to let it go for now. I know that's not the real answer,
but society being the way it is now (a mess), it might be the best way to
go, unless things get bad or outa hand.
Lets face it winter will soon be here, & a little rain & cold works wonders!
I'm not defending these kids/people in any way, it's just a bit of friendly
advice to keep ya stress levels down & bricks from coming through your
window
Just my two pennith worth.
Cheers Willi

--
Remove "all" the spam to reply!

Rhiannon S 06-09-2003 09:12 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Subject: O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed
From: ß Ø ® G
Date: 06/09/2003 20:48 GMT Daylight Time
Air rifles are good

ICBW, but I think the poster was looking for a soloution that wouldn't involve
a trip to court.

The best soloutions so far have been either aggresive planting, or modifying
the wall to be less 'seat' freindly with a new brick pattern.

The other's would either end up with legal issues, or worse the neds having the
desire to enact some revenge of some sort.

There is a third possibility of course, the original poster said that they were
fed up chasing the neds away, how about ignoring them? Chances are they are
doing it for the reaction and once that reaction stops they will give up. It
might take a couple of months for that course of action to work though.

And sadly I can confess to knowing how the third course works because I used to
be one of the sort of idiots that did it. I'm not proud of it and have grown
up since then, but still...
****************************
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/
Q: how many witches does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: depends on what you want it changed into!

Graham Dixon 06-09-2003 09:12 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Paint it with a solution of dog shit mashed in water - two or three
applications and they won't sit there again.

Tried & tested

-=PrOzAk=- 06-09-2003 09:32 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Hey oo I'm guessing I'm probably one of the youngest in this group having
recently turned 17. So therefore I still think a little that way. ANYTHING
that can damage e.g. anti-vandal grease or whatever that stains clothes or
glass etc will be destroyed, don't understimate these kids. How old are they
by the way? If they're 14+ your well and truly screwed unless they get bored
and move on. I read everyones comments and the person who seems to
understand best is Willi, if you were around my area with my friends if you
slightly got them angry by threatening them in anyway you'd definatly have a
brick or a petrol bomb through your window. I'm not trying to scare you,
just make you realise what kids are like. It all depends on your area and
how bad these kids are, some teens know the law and don't have any respect
for their parents, these kids are pretty much uncontrolable (don't get them
mad). I'd say try to get some benches put in by the local council in a
nearby field ;) and they'll move there :D
My advice is probably pants but I hope it helps even if just a little.

--

SPAMTRAP
Hey If you want to e-mail me back you have to remove Your-Wallet

Brandon 06-09-2003 09:43 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

"oo" wrote in message

snip
Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from

barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

snip

I recently visited a Victorian School Museum and one of the things they did
was have brass studs embedded into the hand rail on staircases to discourage
pupils from sliding down them, why not buy large brass studs, most DIY
stores have them or something similar and either superglue them or drill and
cement them into the brickwork of the wall.

This is probably your safest bet legally, anything that will harm or damage
them or their property would make you liable, an innocent bystander may
temporarily sit on your wall to tie their shoelace etc and be faced with
their clothes being damaged or themselves being injured. There are plenty
of cases of burglars successfully suing residents of houses that they have
broken into because of measures that the residents have taken to stop them
being burgled that has resulted in the burglar being injured.

Best of luck

Brandon

::compynei:: 06-09-2003 09:43 PM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Yeh it depends what the areas like.

If the kids make to much noise round here, were talking 7-12 year olds here,
then one of the neighbours goes out and tells them and then theres not a
peep for a few months. I suppose thats the only advantage of living in a
stuck up area. The area my school is in, is rough, try telling them that
their and your in for it. Drawing pins seems a good idea, or put a security
camera up - Theyre very cheap now from www.argos.co.uk