GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/42329-o-t-people-sitting-garden-wall-advice-needed.html)

Les Wilson 07-09-2003 07:05 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Walk out there with a pump-action shotgun loaded with blanks, fire a few
rounds into the air, point it at whoever is stupid enough to stick around
and you'll never see them again.

JD 07-09-2003 07:32 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Bill Seurer wrote in message
Dave C. wrote:
Sprinklers with a remote control in the house.

Just a timer would do, doesn't need to be remote control. -Dave

Get one of those motion activated ones. Like this one:

http://www.smarthome.com/6120.html

Now that's a keeper!

Tony Sutton 07-09-2003 08:12 AM

Dave C. wrote:
Sprinklers with a remote control in the house.

Just a timer would do, doesn't need to be remote control. -Dave

Get one of those motion activated ones. Like this one:

http://www.smarthome.com/6120.html

That's a bad idea... one splash and they'll rip it off.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

joe parkin 07-09-2003 08:42 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

In article ,
says...
Paint your wall top with that black sticky gunk they use to keep pigeons

off

ledges.

Love it!

unfortunately you will be acting outside the law putting it on top of
a low wall.

Not if you put a sign up to advertise the fact that the wall is private
property, and that intruder paint is in use, and that it will damage any
clothing.

The local club had the same, it was told it was leaving them open to
claims unless the paint was at least 6 foot from the floor (IIRC)
If the OP paints anything that could cause a member of the public
damage or injury the can be in trouble

dave @ stejonda 07-09-2003 09:12 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

In message , Bill Seurer
writes
Dave C. wrote:
Sprinklers with a remote control in the house.

Just a timer would do, doesn't need to be remote control. -Dave

Get one of those motion activated ones. Like this one:

http://www.smarthome.com/6120.html

If I put something like that in our front garden and it worked it would
quickly come smashing in through a window.

Planting prickly bushes is definitely the answer. Rosa Rugosa are cheap
and fast growing.

--
dave @ stejonda

Dave Liquorice 07-09-2003 09:22 AM

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 05:56:39 GMT, Les Wilson wrote:

Walk out there with a pump-action shotgun loaded with blanks, fire a
few rounds into the air, point it at whoever is stupid enough to
stick around and you'll never see them again.

Because you will be inside, unfortunately at Her Majesties Pleasure.
B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

[ Kolonel Kurtz ] 07-09-2003 09:32 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Line the top of your wall with bars of soap, that should do the trick .. 8O)

Seriously though, find out who the local wee hardman is and offer him a
tenner if he has a word in there ear to stop hanging around or sitting on
your wall, that will do the trick.

Kolonel Kurtz

Tosh 07-09-2003 09:32 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

oo spoke thusly:
Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful. I
have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Go out and sit with them and talk to them about basket weaving train
spotting or stamp collecting , they'll think you're a nutter and keep
away :)

[ Kolonel Kurtz ] 07-09-2003 09:42 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

You have to play this smart; just now they're only sitting on your wall
which may be annoying - but if you put any sort of stuff on your wall,
whether it's legal or not doesn't really matter to these people as they live
outside the law probably anyways, so if one of them sat in this gunge and
ruined there brand new designer trackies then things might get worse i.e.
bricks through your window, damaging your car, etc.

Do you know someone who knows someone [if you catch my drift] who can have
an influencing word with them [like my local wee hardman idea], someone at
work, a pals kid etc.

Good Luck anywway

Kolonel Kurtz

Serenity 07-09-2003 10:02 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Plant something spiky - like berberis.
Serenity

Kay Easton 07-09-2003 10:02 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

In article , beanykermit
writes
the same thing happened to my mate, everytime she was out they would hang
outside her house annoying her mum and dad and smashing there fence and car,
they kept complaining to pigs, pigs told em to put up a security light with
sensor cos the bratts wont like hanging around where there totally lit up! that
kinda worked, but then they found somewhere else across the road! its taken half
the road to complain to pigs for them to actually do something.

The 'pigs' do have rather more on their hands than what is, when all's
said and done' simple vandalism.

And IME, if I want to persuade someone to do something for me, I find it
helps if I go in with attitude of respect for them, rather than one of
contempt.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

H 07-09-2003 10:02 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

How about some fancy iron work that can be easily drilled into the top of
the wall.
Like the ones one this page
http://www.weathervane.uk.com/acatal...ailings_and_Ba
lustrading_40.html

beanykermit 07-09-2003 10:02 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

respect! for the police ROFL!

croft 07-09-2003 10:12 AM

O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

x-no-archive: yes

how about spiked railings, picture of a man with a shotgun in windown,
or move house?