Old 06-09-2003, 06:42 PM
oo

Default O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful. I
have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Thanks.

Old 06-09-2003, 07:02 PM
::compynei::

Skallys / Townies / Charvas / Neds most likley.

They probably wear track suit pants with their hands down them, socks pulled
over their 'trackies'.

Theres not much that will help legally, as you suggest a baseball bat would
be a good start, maybe progressing to a gun.

Old 06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Seven

"oo" wrote in message

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful.

have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from

barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Thanks.

I have had a similar problem, but it's with kids running through my garden,
I have no other option but to put up a fence, which I really don't want to,
but if I want my plants to survive, it's the only thing I can do.

You could put some thorny bushes behind the wall, so that they will grow
over onto it, that should stop the kids from sitting there.

Old 06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
JD

oo wrote in message

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful.

have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from

barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Sprinklers with a remote control in the house.

Old 06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Ron Clark

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:35:17 +0100, "oo" wrote:

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful. I
have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Paint the wall with Jeyes fluid

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Ron Clark

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:44:55 +0100, "Seven" wrote:

"oo" wrote in message

[...]

Quince bushes near the wall, nice and thorny

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Steve

oo wrote:
Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very
resourceful. I have been looking for a solution to my problem on the
net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my
repeated requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically
they are noisy and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart
from barb wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their
knees etc lol) I would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly
chase the brats. lol

Thanks.

If you can stomache it smear some dog sh*t over the top of the wall,
obviously not in site of said offenders. Otherwise any smelly substance will
do, crushed or rubbed garlic, smelly fish maybe even jam to invite ants and
other insects.
Tar paint is good but should be left as a last result because then the kids
will know that the gloves are off.
HTH
Steve
--
USENET-Not for the faint hearted. Maybe there should be a driving test.
Top posting - Instant failure

Old 06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
elise

"oo" wrote in message =
=20
=20
Hi
=20
I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very =

resourceful. I
have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.
=20
Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my =

repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are =

noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

Just paint the outside and top with Anti-vandal paint - the local =
council will probably be able to tell you where to get it. Really messy =
stuff and takes ages to wash out.

Elise
223/160/133
Atkins since 27/03/03
UK
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/elisebutt

Old 06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Zizz

"oo" wrote in message

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful.

have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from

barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Thanks.

Depends on how high the wall is and if you can grow a nice thorny plant to
the top of it .... pyracanthia, or ilex or a nice thorny rose.

Old 06-09-2003, 07:12 PM
oo

Hey folks

Thanks for the tips, however I don't really want to smear dog shit or
anti-vandal goo over my nice newly built wall.

I'm fed up with these little brats and judging by the reaction they are
nationwide problem. Where I live it can't be blamed on asylum seekers (the
media and government seem to blame them for all anti-social behavior) as we
have none.

Old 06-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Jills®

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:35:17 +0100, "oo" wrote:

I have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Get a CD of Bach and set the volume sufficiently loud enough for their
listening pleasure.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Dan Solomon

"oo" wrote in
:

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very
resourceful. I have been looking for a solution to my problem on the
net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my
repeated requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically
they are noisy and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart
from barb wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their
knees etc lol) I would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly
chase the brats. lol

How about a sprinkler?

--
Dan Solomon
Old 06-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Ramases

You can also get semi-ridged plastic spiky stuff - it won't cause permanent
damage, but it'll make your wall pretty uninviting.

--
Watch out for the spamtrap