Old 07-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Default O/T people...anti-vandal paint??

Malcolm Ogilvie wrote:

IIRC correctly "Burgular Paint" is a particularly nasty goop that appears to be
similar to tar in nature, but never dries out. Ran across it in England once.

Err, careful what you are confessing to :-)

grin OK, here are the specifics....

Was taking a walk just north of Hyde Park near Lancaster Gate one evening. There
are lots of residental flats in the area and one in particular had a low brick
wall that overlooked a lower garden. Saw the warning sign and was curious, so I
touched the goop on top of the wall. Nasty stuff...
Old 07-09-2003, 05:33 PM
Nufkamp

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 19:05:49 +0100, "oo" wrote:

"elise" wrote in message

Just paint the outside and top with Anti-vandal paint - the local council

will probably be able to tell you where to get it. Really messy stuff and
takes ages to wash out.

Top the wall with 6" x 4" timber and creosote the bugger.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:26 PM
LizR

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:03:51 +0100, Nick Upson wrote:

I ouce took photos of kids hanging around and was threatened by one of the
parents for taking them, I asked the police later and taking photos of
children without parental consent is a very grey area

I took a photo of the little angel who was trying to sell me my keys back (on behalf
of an even smaller angel who had nicked them), plice wouldn't come until *after*
they'd put a brick through the car windscreen, by which time it was gone midnight
and, against my better judgement, I gave the plice the film to develop as evidence.

Next time they can wait till I get it developed... because they lost it!

I'm growing roses up the fence at the back, but I don't mind anyone sitting on the
wall at the front - at least I can see what they're up to!

Liz

Old 07-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Alan Holmes

"Dan Solomon" wrote in message
.. .
"oo" wrote in
:

"elise" wrote in message

Just paint the outside and top with Anti-vandal paint - the local
council

will probably be able to tell you where to get it. Really messy stuff
and takes ages to wash out.

Thanks Elise.
http://www.autopaints.co.uk/anti-vandal_paint.htm
Says "SURFACE WHICH APPEARS NORMAL......When VANDALENE is applied
according to the instructions, coated surfaces appear normal but will
remain soft and slippery for several years."

Sounds like great stuff Im going to look into it further...thanks.

Also anyone know what the legal ramifications are when using this? I
mean will i get a solicitors letter from one of the scumbags saying "
you have ruined my clients clothes" etc etc and therefore be liable
for paying damages?

Post a warning sign. Depending on your local ordinances, that may be
sufficient to avoid any sort of liability.

And it could be very simple, like 'WET PAINT'!

Alan

Old 08-10-2003, 12:36 AM
The Slow Snail @___o

If they are anything like me, then they would have to see if its wet. Or be
very suspicious after a week of it being there!

--
Slowly going where no snail has gone before.

(emails fake, no point emailing it, ask on list)

Old 08-10-2003, 08:44 AM
Heather-SCOTGIRL

I would suggest a warning notice saying "at own risk" to protect =
yourself and then if anything happened, you have made it clear there was =
a warning about the paint

heatherx

"

Old 08-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"Heather-SCOTGIRL" wrote in message
I would suggest a warning notice saying "at own risk" to protect yourself
and then if anything happened, you have made it clear there was a warning
about the paint

heatherx

Please don't top post. When a thread has been top-posted twice in
c=succession it is too garbled to understand.

Franz

Old 08-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"The Slow Snail @___o" wrote in message
If they are anything like me, then they would have to see if its wet. Or

be
very suspicious after a week of it being there!

What is it which might be wet if who are anything like you?
And why should they be suspicious of what for a week?
And where are the headers which you have snipped, thereby making it
impossible to find out who it is whom you are pestering with these
meaningless questions?

Franz

--
Slowly going where no snail has gone before.