Old 13-09-2003, 08:39 AM
Hobby Gardener

Location: Harrow, Middx
Default has anyone ever ordered from crocus.co.uk?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkman
Does this mean I shouldn't post directly from gardenbanter ???

I must admit I'm at a bit of a loss here, confused ??
Sparkman,

There are basically two different methods of accessing the newsgroups - via a web interface (GardenBanter, Google Groups) or via a newsreader (Outlook Express or dozens of alternatives).

I operate the GardenBanter web site which is useful for people not familiar with newsreaders and has a longer message database than most news servers hold on the gardening newsgroups (useful when searching for information).

A newsreader will give you access to all the discussion forums (and there are thousands) plus most have some useful features like offline reading which can keep help with your phone bill!

There have been some recent discussions on the merits of different newsreaders:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showth...threadid=40813
and http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showth...threadid=41687

To find out more about newsgroups and usenet, I suggest http://www.faqs.org/usenet/ (which I also post in the 'Welcome to GardenBanter' bit of the web site).

I hope this makes things a bit clearer.
Old 17-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Jaffacake

Very pleased with customer service and the items... I did feel they were a
bit overpriced like the others here have mentioned, but I would purchase
from them again.

Lisa
www.cardsbylisa.co.uk

"pcb" wrote in message
news
What was your experience? Were you happy with the products you
received? I don't have access to a car and I really don't like relying
on others to take me to the garden centres, so I've been thinking of
ordering some plants and bulbs from them.

tia

pcb