Old 08-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Pam Moore

Default GW Sweet pea trials

What results did any of you have with the Gardeners' World sweet pea
trials?
I grew Albutt Blue in a pot and have had some pretty good pale
mauvy-blue flowers with really strong perfume.
I shall certainly grow them again, but as I have learned, I need a
much bigger pot.
They have mildew now, but I guess I'm not the only one with that
problem.

Pam in Bristol
Old 09-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Ann

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
What results did any of you have with the Gardeners' World sweet pea
trials?
I grew Albutt Blue in a pot and have had some pretty good pale
mauvy-blue flowers with really strong perfume.
I shall certainly grow them again, but as I have learned, I need a
much bigger pot.
They have mildew now, but I guess I'm not the only one with that
problem.

Pam in Bristol

I tried the ones from Thompson and Morgan, Mrs Jaqui something, only they
weren't. Apparently they were wrongly packaged, so the fact the colour was a
very wishy washy blue/mauve and the flowers weren't too good, was due to
that. Thompson and Morgan are sending another variety to try next year. My
free Romeo seeds that my Mum got me from the Sun were great, I've had lovely
scented flowers all summer. I grew a mixed pack of darker coloured ones, and
mixing the two in the vases made a lovley scented show in the house.

Ann

Sweet Pea Trials Faye United Kingdom 0 01-06-2003 05:20 PM
Sweet Pea Trials Adrian Jones United Kingdom 2 04-05-2003 09:08 PM
Gardeners World Sweet Pea Trials Charlie United Kingdom 4 03-05-2003 10:32 AM
sweet pea trials Graham Wells United Kingdom 1 14-04-2003 08:08 AM
Sweet Pea Trials+Gardeners World janet.bennett United Kingdom 2 13-04-2003 02:44 PM