Old 12-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Back to the garden at last- Is it me?

The message
from "A Troll aka Jeff Coles" contains
these words:

/snippage/
We'll soon be back to the miserable weather you
all seem to enjoys so much.

Can't wait........

--
Frère Jaques
They knocked the Bell down and erected a charade of pops.

Old 12-09-2003, 03:02 PM
LizR

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:21:50 +0100, "A Troll aka Jeff Coles"
wrote:

Oh! what a load of old whingers! The first decent summer we have had in a
few years and what does everybody do? moan : (
Get up early and get out in the garden while it is still cooler, but before
starting work have breakfast, alfresco style, a nice glass of fresh orange
juice and a big bowl of sunny cornflakes : )
Start with the quiet jobs (weeding, dead-heading bug splatting) I don't
suppose the neighbours would appreciate the noise of a chainsaw and what
have you until a little later on. Through the week I would then have to
leave for work at 7.00 am : ( But weekends, lovely continue on until it
gets too warm to work efficiently, sit down have a snack, read the papers
then prepare yourself to go window shopping at Sainsbury's freezer counter
for a few hours. Hopefully by then the fierce heat of the day is past, and
one can continue pottering. COME ON people we have ENOUGH boring weather!
Think sunshine, colour, ice-cream, children splashing in the pool that made
you go dizzy inflating it. We'll soon be back to the miserable weather you
all seem to enjoys so much.

Jeff

Whew! I was beginning to feel too scared to join in this thread! My tiny little
garden has been lovely in the hot weather. The sweet peas filled it with scent, the
sunflowers are 8 feet tall etc etc blah blah I just put a chair in the shade and
had a little rest now and then:-) Plenty of cooling drinks (for me and the lawn:-)

I'm not out their as early as you, Jeff, but I've had a few alfresco breakfasts
before the school run, and then gone back after to water or weed before it gets too
hot.

One thing's been bugging me all summer though, and it's even worse now. Wouldn't it
be lovely if we went over to Central European Time and gained an extra hour in the
garden at in the evening. I really miss that from when I lived on the Mainland.

Liz
Old 12-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from LizR contains these words:

One thing's been bugging me all summer though, and it's even worse
now. Wouldn't it
be lovely if we went over to Central European Time and gained an extra
hour in the
garden at in the evening. I really miss that from when I lived on the
Mainland.

Nothing stopping you from pretending the time is something else. You
don't gain any time: you have the same daylight hours whichever time
scheme you set your clocks to.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

The message
from "trevor.appleton" contains
these words:

Well thats a relief. From talking to everyone at work it seemed it was just
me. Today was case in point - far too warm for me around the middle part of
the day. This weekend looks awful again (25C).

Trevor

I too prefer cooler weather. I also get very annoyed with the weather
forecasters who automatically assume that hot and dry is good, and rain
is bad. Even after what for us was a six-week drought up to this week,
most forecasters were speaking of rain as if it was to be dreaded and
regretted.

Janet G
Old 12-09-2003, 11:13 PM
A Troll aka Jeff Coles

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:

Nothing stopping you from pretending the time is something else.

You
don't gain any time: you have the same daylight hours whichever

time
scheme you set your clocks to.

Er...... yes! I'll run that one by my boss I'm sure he'd agree, I'll pretend
it is 5.00p.m. when it's actually 4.00p.m.

Jeff

Old 12-09-2003, 11:32 PM
A Troll aka Jeff Coles

"Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson" wrote in
message ...
The message
from "trevor.appleton" contains
these words:

Well thats a relief. From talking to everyone at work it seemed it was

just
me. Today was case in point - far too warm for me around the middle part

of
the day. This weekend looks awful again (25C).

Trevor

I too prefer cooler weather. I also get very annoyed with the weather
forecasters who automatically assume that hot and dry is good, and rain
is bad. Even after what for us was a six-week drought up to this week,
most forecasters were speaking of rain as if it was to be dreaded and
regretted.

Janet G

Oh my goodness! What a sorry load of do-dah's you lot are! I mean..... 6
weeks drought...what a to do! Make the best of this months weather, prepare
for another drought in October!

Jeff

Old 13-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Jaques d'Altrades

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:

Nothing stopping you from pretending the time is something else.

You
don't gain any time: you have the same daylight hours whichever

time
scheme you set your clocks to.

Er...... yes! I'll run that one by my boss I'm sure he'd agree, I'll pretend
it is 5.00p.m. when it's actually 4.00p.m.

Just tell him you're on flexitime from now on...................

Old 13-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

The message
from "A Troll aka Jeff Coles" contains these words:

I too prefer cooler weather. I also get very annoyed with the weather
forecasters who automatically assume that hot and dry is good, and rain
is bad. Even after what for us was a six-week drought up to this week,
most forecasters were speaking of rain as if it was to be dreaded and
regretted.

Janet G

Oh my goodness! What a sorry load of do-dah's you lot are! I mean..... 6
weeks drought...what a to do! Make the best of this months weather, prepare
for another drought in October!

Jeff

I'm not moaning about the drought but I actually like rain. I was
therefore commenting on weather forecasters' assumptions that everyone's
preferences are the same and that rain is somehow the enemy.

Janet G

Old 14-09-2003, 03:37 AM

Jaques d'Altrades wrote:

Nothing stopping you from pretending the time is something else.
You don't gain any time: you have the same daylight hours
whichever time scheme you set your clocks to.

Er...... yes! I'll run that one by my boss I'm sure he'd agree,
I'll pretend it is 5.00p.m. when it's actually 4.00p.m.

Just tell him you're on flexitime from now on...................

exactly - I start at 07.30 and finish at 16.00

I suspect I've helped make it look like you were working till gone
10:30 in the evening on many occasions in the past. :-)

Anthony