Old 14-09-2003, 12:08 PM
ken cohen

Default Why not a fertilizing hose attachment?

This is a gadget which should exist, but I haven't seen it yet.
Suppose you want to water a large area of ground which you have just
sown, and add some liquid fertiliser at the same time. The area is too
large for a watering can, or even a portable spray if you are going to
do it properly. You just want to use a hose. So it would be handy
to be able to screw on a spray attachment which would release small
quantities of minerals and other nutrients in the recomended dilution,
ie in proportion to the water-flow.

Any offers?

Ken Cohen
Old 14-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Martin Sykes

"ken cohen" wrote in message
om...
This is a gadget which should exist, but I haven't seen it yet.
Suppose you want to water a large area of ground which you have just
sown, and add some liquid fertiliser at the same time. The area is too
large for a watering can, or even a portable spray if you are going to
do it properly. You just want to use a hose. So it would be handy
to be able to screw on a spray attachment which would release small
quantities of minerals and other nutrients in the recomended dilution,
ie in proportion to the water-flow.

Any offers?

Ken Cohen

I've definitely seen something like this advertised. It's like a bottle
which holds the fertiliser or whatever, and it gets mixed in with the water
when you spray. Can't remember who makes it though.

Martin

--
Martin & Anna Sykes

Old 14-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Ted Richardson

"ken cohen" wrote in message
om...
: This is a gadget which should exist, but I haven't seen it yet.
: Suppose you want to water a large area of ground which you have just
: sown, and add some liquid fertiliser at the same time. The area is too
: large for a watering can, or even a portable spray if you are going to
: do it properly. You just want to use a hose. So it would be handy
: to be able to screw on a spray attachment which would release small
: quantities of minerals and other nutrients in the recomended dilution,
: ie in proportion to the water-flow.
:
: Any offers?
:
:
:
: Ken Cohen

Hi Ken
Mine which I purchased years ago is made by Phostrogen, and was called
an EASYFEEDER, now I believe it is part of the PBI Quick & Easy range
try
http://www.pbi.co.uk/tradeonly/produ....asp?pr_id=136

Ted

Old 14-09-2003, 01:22 PM
David Hill

Also miracle grow do one, and saw one in one of the Pound shops a couple of
weeks ago.
They are very rough and ready but then so is a watering can

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 14-09-2003, 09:13 PM
AWM

"ken cohen" wrote in message
om...
This is a gadget which should exist, but I haven't seen it yet.
Suppose you want to water a large area of ground which you have just
sown, and add some liquid fertiliser at the same time. The area is too
large for a watering can, or even a portable spray if you are going to
do it properly. You just want to use a hose. So it would be handy
to be able to screw on a spray attachment which would release small
quantities of minerals and other nutrients in the recomended dilution,
ie in proportion to the water-flow.

Any offers?

Ken Cohen

You local DIY shed wil sell you one complete with Miracle Grow already in
it -- works a treat.

Old 14-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Peter Goddard

snip I've definitely seen something like this advertised. It's like a
bottle
which holds the fertiliser or whatever, and it gets mixed in with the

water
when you spray. Can't remember who makes it though.

Martin

Miracle Gro.
They were on special offer in Homebase last month - I think I paid around
£5.99. Works well.

Old 15-09-2003, 11:42 AM
Alison

"AWM" wrote in message
You local DIY shed wil sell you one complete with Miracle Grow already

in
it -- works a treat.

Yes but the annoying thing about these 'branded' ones is that you are tied
to their fertilising product. I have loads of liquid seaweed feed and I'd
love to be able to set it up to work through my leaky hose system. I'm
looking for a more generic one at the mo (have the MiracleGro one and it is
good for its product).

--Alison

Old 21-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Jim W

ken cohen wrote:

This is a gadget which should exist, but I haven't seen it yet.
Suppose you want to water a large area of ground which you have just
sown, and add some liquid fertiliser at the same time. The area is too
large for a watering can, or even a portable spray if you are going to
do it properly. You just want to use a hose. So it would be handy
to be able to screw on a spray attachment which would release small
quantities of minerals and other nutrients in the recomended dilution,
ie in proportion to the water-flow.

Try any good Horticultural suppliers (NOT garden centres or the major
sheds, they don't do this sorta thing) and ask for an 'inline hose
diluter' for the domestic market an 'hose end feeder' has been
available for many years.. The latter are cheap, the former more
expensive but better IMO as they allow a variety of feeds/solutions to
be mixed (they are used by growers for applying feeds/pesticides etc to
crops.)

About 40 quid + IIRC. try LBS etc..

//
JW
Old 21-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Ted Richardson

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g1mtx8.83drrs1epnx38N%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
: ken cohen wrote:
:
[...]
: //
: JW

Try
www.access-irrigation.co.uk
Ted

Old 21-09-2003, 02:42 PM
David Hill

"...About 40 quid + IIRC. try LBS etc...."

Don't forget LBS. have a min. order or hefty carriage charge to be added.
Don't know if Kay's do them
http://www.kayshorticulture.com/

PS What is IIRC. ?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 21-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Natalie

"David Hill" wrote in message
"...About 40 quid + IIRC. try LBS etc...."

Don't forget LBS. have a min. order or hefty carriage charge to be added.
Don't know if Kay's do them
http://www.kayshorticulture.com/

PS What is IIRC. ?

IIRC = if I remember correctly

HTH (hope this helps ;-) )

Natalie

Old 21-09-2003, 09:07 PM
David Hill

".........IIRC = if I remember correctly
HTH (hope this helps ;-) ) .........."

Thanks for the English translation Natalie
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries