Old 21-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Chris Rowe

Default Which plants need pinching out

The plants I need to know about are as follows

Iberis(annual) Calendula Godetia Cornflower California Poppy Opium
Poppy Sweet William Nigella Evening Primrose Stock Honesty Wallflower
cosmos
TIA

Old 21-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Robert

: The plants I need to know about are as follows
:
: Iberis(annual) Calendula Godetia Cornflower California Poppy
: Opium Poppy Sweet William Nigella Evening Primrose Stock Honesty
: Wallflower cosmos
: TIA

Wallflower is better if you pinch out the top as it will grow into a nice
bushy plant

Old 21-09-2003, 02:42 PM
David Hill

"....Wallflower is better if you pinch out the top as it will grow into a
nice bushy plant ....."

As they will if sown early and transplanted before planting out

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 21-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Chris Rowe
writes
The plants I need to know about are as follows

Iberis(annual)

Calendula

No pinching, but dead head to prolong flowring season, ditto cornflower.

Godetia Cornflower

California Poppy Opium
Poppy

Don't do anything to eitehr of these. Actually, you can dead head the
californian poppy.

Sweet William

Nothing required.

Nigella

Nothing required, and the seedheads are ornamental in their own right.

Evening Primrose Stock Honesty

Wallflower

You can chuck away after flowering, or you can cut back to the bushy
bit, and let them grow again next year.

cosmos
TIA

--