Old 22-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Moles

The message
from "Howard Neil" hneil@REMOVE TO REPLY.co.uk contains these words:

Oh dear. I see your problem. The only other thought I have for the moment is
to arrange for your wife to have a lovely long holiday every so often. While
she is away the cats can clear the area.

Lots of my posts are going AWOL.

Earlier, I posted that if you could find someone who kept ferrets, you
could get a bucket of cleanings from the hutch and steep it in water for
a while, then water the affected areas with it.

Moles (along with most other small creatures) are scared witless by
ferrets, and will depart to pastures fresh. Or neighbours' gardens.

--
Rusty Hinge
No m'lud, it wasn't a sneg. My joints creak.
Old 23-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:

I have pondered on the ineffectiveness of the euphorbia plant I know
as "caper spurge" which I was told to leave on the allotment if it
seeded itself, which it does, as it deters moles.

It doesn't, IME.

I recently heard, from the mouth of an official at the Chelsea Physic
Garden that it was used to deter moles, not the animal, but the ones
on the skin!

I've heard of it applied to warts, never moles.

Euphorbia sap can cause a very unpleasant longterm skin reaction in
some people.

Anyone who has a skin mole that's bothering them (changing, growing,
itching, weeping) should go to their GP ASAP. Don't delay going, and
don't try any DIY treatment.

Janet.
Old 23-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Jane Ransom contains these words:

In article , Bill
Pritchard writes

I am prepared to try anything,legal or otherwise.

You either put up with moley or you kill him.

Or, you move to Arran, where there aren't any moles. Or magpies. Or
grey squirrels.

Janet

Isle of Arran.

Chipmunks or moles? Duane Morin Gardening 6 03-10-2003 05:12 PM
Moles ROY MCMASTER Australia 4 17-04-2003 01:08 PM
Getting rid of moles Chris Haney North Carolina 7 07-04-2003 02:44 AM
Moles VS Voles smitty48 Edible Gardening 3 22-03-2003 08:44 PM
How do you get rid of moles without traps Susan E Desjardins Edible Gardening 18 18-03-2003 06:44 PM