Old 23-09-2003, 12:25 AM
shazzbat

Default sycamore trees

Hi all,
We've been away for a few days with the relllies in Disley. Whilst there we
went for walks round Lyme Park and the goyt valley etc, and noticed that all
the sycamores had black spots on their leaves. The spots are about 6-8mm
Dia.

We came home to Dorset this morning and "our" sycamores haven't got these
spots. Any ideas?

Incidentally, whilst there we saw Japanese knotweed for the first time.
Pretty, since it's in flower now, but scary nonetheless.

TIA
Steve

Old 23-09-2003, 12:25 AM
Chris Stewart

"shazzbat" wrote in message
Hi all,
We've been away for a few days with the relllies in Disley. Whilst there

we
went for walks round Lyme Park and the goyt valley etc, and noticed that

all
the sycamores had black spots on their leaves. The spots are about 6-8mm
Dia.

We came home to Dorset this morning and "our" sycamores haven't got these
spots. Any ideas?

Incidentally, whilst there we saw Japanese knotweed for the first time.
Pretty, since it's in flower now, but scary nonetheless.

TIA
Steve

I'll bet it's a fungal condition called "black spot", similar to the one you
get on roses, etc.
Chris S

Old 23-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Rod

"Chris Stewart" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message
[...]

Tar spot actually, but not a real problem - just a disfigurement.

Rod

Old 24-09-2003, 11:32 AM
shazzbat

Tar spot actually, but not a real problem - just a disfigurement.

Rod

Oh right. Tar for that :~)
Steve

Old 24-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from "shazzbat" contains these words:

Tar spot actually, but not a real problem - just a disfigurement.

Rod

Oh right. Tar for that :~)

Grone.

I think we should pitch him out.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Old 25-09-2003, 01:02 PM
shazzbat

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
The message
from "shazzbat" contains these words:

Tar spot actually, but not a real problem - just a disfigurement.

Rod

Oh right. Tar for that :~)

Grone.

I think we should pitch him out.

What was wrong with that? Oh, hang on I think I know the bitument :-))

sycamore trees shazzbat United Kingdom 0 23-09-2003 12:06 AM
Sycamore trees in midwest? Brigg222 Gardening 5 30-05-2003 06:08 PM
Sycamore Trees mks5959 Lawns 4 16-05-2003 10:56 PM
Question about Sycamore Trees... Amy Mason Plant Science 4 26-04-2003 01:31 PM
Question about Sycamore Trees... Amy Mason Plant Science 6 03-04-2003 09:32 PM