Old 24-09-2003, 10:32 AM
AliCat

Default Advice on hardy ferns

I've just bought a selection of hardy ferns - I've
got the ideal spot for them, I think, as other
ferns and mosses are doing very well there. My
question is this, as they are currently doing very
well in their pots, would be better to overwinter
them in the pots, outside or in a cold greenhouse,
or just plant out now. Any advice gratefully
received.

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Please send me lots of SPAM

Old 24-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "AliCat" contains these words:

I've just bought a selection of hardy ferns - I've
got the ideal spot for them, I think, as other
ferns and mosses are doing very well there. My
question is this, as they are currently doing very
well in their pots, would be better to overwinter
them in the pots, outside or in a cold greenhouse,
or just plant out now.

In your location, any of these might work.

Janet
Old 25-09-2003, 08:44 AM
AliCat

"Janet Baraclough"
wrote in message
The message

from "AliCat" contains

these words:

I've just bought a selection of hardy ferns -

I've
got the ideal spot for them, I think, as other
ferns and mosses are doing very well there. My
question is this, as they are currently doing

very
well in their pots, would be better to

overwinter
them in the pots, outside or in a cold

greenhouse,
or just plant out now.

In your location, any of these might work.

Yes, I realise there isn't too much risk of losing
any with either strategy, I just wondered if one
was better than the other. I am a little concerned
that a winter in a cold greenhouse may make them a
bit soft, however.