Old 30-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Registered User

Location: Midlands
Default Clearing an area of helxine

Help! We are clearing a large rockery that has been over-run with helxine (Soleirolia soleirolii). Though we're digging everything up (plants and rocks) to clean out the roots It is impossible to get rid of every fragment of the helxine from the cleared soil, and I wonder if it will come back from these little bits. Has anyone any experience of this situation?
Old 30-09-2003, 11:02 AM
John Edgar

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:40:13 GMT, suzburnet
wrote:

Help! We are clearing a large rockery that has been over-run with
helxine (Soleirolia soleirolii). Though we're digging everything up
(plants and rocks) to clean out the roots It is impossible to get rid
of every fragment of the helxine from the cleared soil, and I wonder if
it will come back from these little bits. Has anyone any experience of
this situation?

Only in a block driveway, where it simply shrugged off Pathclear. We
poured boiling water on it and that did the trick. Maybe you can boil
up the soil?!
John
John
In limine sapientiae
Old 01-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Lorna

I'm afraid that in my experience, it will come back from microscopic
fragments!

However, by removing the main bulk of it in one of my beds, and then
watching like a hawk and removing each new clump that sprang up (quite
easy), I was clear in a year.

Lorna

s.com...
--